SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Are you going to every interview?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MsDNA, Oct 22, 2001.

  1. MsDNA

    MsDNA New Member

    Jul 31, 2001
    I was wondering what the consensus is out there...
    If you get an interview at every school you applied to, will you attend everyone?

    Say you have one acceptance, you know you'd go to that school over another one, do you still go to the other schools interview? I know there are numerous factors that play into the decision (locations, money, time), but generally, what are you doing?

    I'm struggling with a decision for this weekend right now. I would like to stay on the East coast, have been accepted to an east coast school, have an interview out west...

    Thanks for any insight/sharing.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Barton

    Barton Senior Member 10+ Year Member

    Jun 28, 2001
    Minneapolis, MN
    i'd definitely be cancelling a few, depending on where I was accepted. Why even waste all that time/money interviewing at a school you wouldn't go to even if accepted?
  4. algae

    algae Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    May 12, 2001
    I was in the same situation - accepted to my first choice school but I still had another interview pretty far away. I decided not to go and just lose the cost of the airfare. Unless you think you might want to go to school there, there doesn't seem to be much point in interviewing.
  5. PalCareGrl

    PalCareGrl Senior Member 10+ Year Member

    Mar 5, 2001
    Hi, I went to four of my interviews, but declined two others. Basically, I cancelled San Fran, which would have been today, only because I was pretty sure I didn't want to live on the west coast and also because I was sick of traveling. I declined Chicago (would have been last week) because I realized that if I wanted to be in the cold, I wanted to be close to home (UNE). I did this based on only one acceptance at the time (AZCOM) and got the other three last I took a little chance but I was pretty confident that I got into my first choice (Nova).

    However, if you think you MIGHT want to go to a school on the west coast or you're not sure, I would go to the interview to see what the school is like. I almost didn't apply to Nova, but I ended up loving it there. Hope this helps! Best of luck! :D
  6. luckyduck

    luckyduck Member 7+ Year Member

    May 1, 2001
    Columbus, Ohio
    Once I was accepted to OU-COM I turned down interviews to LECOM and Des Moines. I really liked OU and as my first choice DO school, it just made sense for me!
  7. asilvey

    asilvey Member 10+ Year Member

    Sep 26, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    If you have already booked a flight, shun your interview and go just to see a new area of the country to celebrate your acceptance! Maybe you could coax someone into going with you...

Share This Page