are you ok with making 83k a year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
67E Pharmacist (I didn't say that before)

They don't separate us out into specialties (as in AOCs) like the nurses and MDs. Full disclosure: I am commissioned but not active duty yet (this summer) so I am not the go-to source for everything Army.
Get all the management training you can and try and hang with some of the operational types and listen to the senior E's.........might help long term to get some sand in your shorts STS....

Members don't see this ad.

Read this post-- looks like going rate is going even lowering than 80k now.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not really okay with making that much in the future, hope different residences can offer something better.

I'm not really okay with making that much in the future, hope different residences can offer something better.

Residencies offer like 40k/year. If hospital Rph pay drops then expect residency pay to drop too.

Reactions: 1 users
Valid points:

I do have a service connected disability rating to the tune of 2k a month tax free. The idea of less than 40 hours making 70k coupled with 24k is my way of being that much closer to financial freedom and no longer having to grind in 80-90 hours a week anymore (current job that is).

Of course, initially I’d want the 40+ hours merely to develop that bigger nest egg, but compared to many others that’s not a huge factor for myself. Since I’m already familiar with specific software systems in pharmacy, might as well continue toward the role of an rph with 3 years in my way (still making 50k+ salary as a fulltime student).

I do know though, I’m the outlier / exception and not the normal pre-pharm Matcauthon is proposing towards. If my mental disability wasn’t a factor I’d be an underwater welder! Then again, I’m also jaded and have culture work bias when it comes to hours of weekly work (and the idea of working and going home every night).

"I do have a service connected disability rating to the tune of 2k a month tax free. "

Dang man! That's impressive. If I were you I would move to a low cost of living country like Mexico, Brazil, Ukraine and live like a king. 2k is a ton of money to live.

"I do have a service connected disability rating to the tune of 2k a month tax free. "

Dang man! That's impressive. If I were you I would move to a low cost of living country like Mexico, Brazil, Ukraine and live like a king. 2k is a ton of money to live.

That SCD since that post was raised to an additional $1500 tax exempt. I’m thankful for it but it’s not worth my physical/mental ailments I’m trying to rehabilitate

Reactions: 1 user