ARGHHH!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmehta211

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
my transcript from a summer class i took at University of Hartford has not been sent after two requests, one of them being a rush request. i had my amcas sent in on june 2nd and they have been holding my application for this one transcript. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH! i just need to vent my anger at their incompetency!!!!!! Can i cry on someone's shoulder?

Members don't see this ad.

It's unfortunate that you had this happen to you. But not to fret, it's not the end of the world -- you're not that late in the game -- the trick is to fill out the secondaries as soon as you get them -- you'll probably pass by a few procrastinators that way -- that's how I was at least -- I thought everything was said and done once I had my AMCAS in -- I must have waited a month or 2 before I got my secondaries in -- I still got into medical school even though I was a bit late with my total application -- so there is still hope -- Univ. of Hartford is probably slow on your transcript because it's summer time -- there aren't as many people around and everyone is more lazy

good luck with everything

James

Ughghghg! That is frustrating. Good job on keeping up with your application. I was wondering if you had spoken to anyone over the phone at U of Hartford. Perhaps if you haven't, it would be worth a try. Maybe that will get their butts in gear. Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm right there with you on this one. It's taken me from June 8 to now to get all my transcripts in (originally requested them all in April). Keep calling the office at Hartford and (politely) ask if they can help you get it out the door. Meanwhile, get ready to send in the secondary apps as soon as you get them.

thanks for all the words of encouragement. I spent twenty minutes on hold this afternoon with U. Hartford trying to speak to someone. Finally, I got someone, and they claimed to have given me the transcript...now why would I have that rushed? So i politely, but firmly requested them to send it again to AMCAS and to rush it out today. They agreed...let's hope they do it. It was almost a waste to get everything else so early if they are going to take this long to send out transcripts. Thanks for listenting all.

I had the same problem last year. Just keep hounding the registrar (or transcript office) at U. of Hartford once a week, but don't be a complete menace. If they really have sent off the transcript, the mail might be moving slowly. Give the trancript time to get there, and all shall be well. The important thing is that the rest of your application is ready.

------------------
And the blessings just keep coming!

Just to add to the frustration, there is often a significant delay between the time a transcript arrives at AAMC and the time it gets logged into their system. For example, I know that a certain transcript was delivered to AAMC on June 12, but my transcript status report still claimed it was "missing" until a week later.