Arkansas People

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saluki

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that Arkansas lets in 70% of its class evenly divided between the four congressional districts, but how much difference does it end up making? Will it help me that I'm from Eastern Arkansas rather than Little Rock?
A couple of my friends got waitlisted this year; does the waitlist move pretty well or do most people who get accepted go ahead and come?

Members don't see this ad.

mashce said:
I know that Arkansas lets in 70% of its class evenly divided between the four congressional districts, but how much difference does it end up making? Will it help me that I'm from Eastern Arkansas rather than Little Rock?
A couple of my friends got waitlisted this year; does the waitlist move pretty well or do most people who get accepted go ahead and come?
Well I am a future applicant, and I am in the Little Rock zone. I have been told the zone with least competition is the Northeast zone and the zone with the most is the Little Rock zone.

Here is the link to the map with the zones on it.
http://www.sosweb.state.ar.us/elections/2001-approved-maps/congressional_districts.pdf

I've heard that about 10 people each year move up from the waitlist. But I know of at least 10 people from my school (including me) that were offered spots in the class this year, and I think we're all going, so there may not be that much movement in the waitlist. Tell your friends if they are willing to committ to the rural community match program, they'll be bumped up to the top of the list and will have a much better chance of getting in. I also heard that the LR zone is the hardest for acceptance, but I think the NE and S are both fairly easy in comparison.