@redbutdead @Learn To Swim! I really appreciate the informative responses. Thank you!
I am curious about the comment regarding the competitive nature of grading given that the curriculum is P/F. Do all students have equal opportunities to get A's on exams, or are they curved? I see on the MSAR that quartiles are denoted on the Dean's Letter when applying to residencies, but do you know exactly what your rank is right now, such as #47 out of 184? If not, what is creating the competitive environment?
Also, as it relates to research, do you hear/feel like there are ample opportunities to obtain research leading to publications/presentations in diverse specialties, such as summer research fellowships, faculty/residents being open to students helping with projects, institutional support?
Another area I didn't hear much about during interview day was Global Health opportunities: Do y'all know how prevalent these opportunities are?
Last, do you feel like UAMS is friendly to traditional students and non-trads alike, or students with
I enjoyed learning about the school during the interview, and it seemed like there are a lot of opportunities for students to be supported throughout the journey.