Arkansas State Univ.

Started by akz1013
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

akz1013

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm attending their open house on Friday and didn't want to go in empty handed. Is there a certain way that I should prepare for this and what type of questions should I ask? I'm open to any and all suggestions! Thanks 🙂
 
I have been to a couple open houses..one with an interview portion and one without, and then some formal interviews. I brought a few copies of my CV/Resume just in case (didn't need them), but it looks good if they do ask if you have yours. Its good to bring a pen and a note pad for notes or questions you may think of throughout the day. Additionally, some schools will leave you with some faculty or student emails if you have further questions. Some good questions can be about the clinicals, since we will be doing a LOT of time in clinic. How do students find their clinic site? Is it first come, first serve among the students or is there a lottery system? Are they limited to regional practices or can you go across the country? Most open houses have a Q&A portion with students..you can ask about student life..Where do most students live? Do you guys usually study together? Is it easy to talk to or find faculty members for help? Hope this helps!