Army-Baylor DPT applicant (applying 2021 - 2022 cycle)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naturallymel

Reaction score
I found the previous threads for 2019 and 2020 incredibly useful so I thought I would create one for 2021 through 2022 cycle in hopes of finding some other individuals also applying this year!

Would love to hear from others and why they are applying for the Army-Baylor.

Quick backstory: I graduated high school in 2010 and was originally going pre-med/kinesiology because I loved sports therapy and the musculoskeletal system. I decided to join the army as a medic instead of attending college. Got out of AD and went NG. Gained a BS in Marketing, went down some entrepreneurial paths but nothing felt right. I heavily missed the experience I had working hands on with patients and the experience with sports medicine years ago. I'm now getting back into personal training and health coaching as I complete the last few courses for the Pre-DPT requirements (4 total remaining).

I finally feel like I'm getting a strong motivation/calling back that's been missing for years and I'm really looking forward to this journey! It's exciting to see everything come full circle after 10 years and realigning with my original intentions but adding in new life experience and skill sets.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
For reference to the previous threads:

2020 - 2021:

2019 - 2020:

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all, I am a DPT student in the Army-Baylor program. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I will answer what I can!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, I am a DPT student in the Army-Baylor program. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I will answer what I can!
Do you know how many they pull from the OML each cycle? Just curious. I applied for the next cycle and found out I am on the OML.

Hello all! Already applied to PT school last year and reapplying again this year. I'm a civilian but have heard about Army Baylor DPT program and I would love to attend the school. Still got a few pre-req courses to make look good, and the GRE to take but fingers cross I'll be able to get in for the next term!

Do you know how many they pull from the OML each cycle? Just curious. I applied for the next cycle and found out I am on the OML.
It's not possible to say for sure. It all depends on how many applicants don't accept their offers. Could be 0 or could be quite a few. It will vary from year to year.

Hello all,

I am applying this cycle as well. Currently an AD Officer. Short final with pre-reqs finishing in the fall and GRE next week. Let me know if you have any AD related questions I can assist with.

Any advice for people applying? What do you think you did well that made you stand out and get accepted?

Currently a spc in the guard and a 2nd year undergrad. What are ways to show leadership without rotc?

Currently a spc in the guard and a 2nd year undergrad. What are ways to show leadership without rotc?
I think you could show leadership in several ways. One would obviously be to hold a leadership position in the guard whether that be a lateral promotion to CPL or promotion to SGT. But I think now you have to serve as CPL before SGT. I could be wrong though. Train your lower enlisted personnel on things you have learned throughout your time in the military. I’m not sure what mos you are but for me being an infantryman, I did a lot of bd’s and firearms training with the new guys. Eventually you will be noticed.

Outside of the military and rotc you could join a club that interests you at your school and become a leader within that organization as well. There are a ton of ways but those are the two that stick out to me. You’ve got some time, just don’t wait till the last minute.

Hey! I am currently working on my application to Army-Baylor to apply this cycle. I am a civilian but heard about Army-Baylor through a family friend and it has become my top pick. I am curious as to what my chances are to getting in though. I will graduate this Spring with my BS in Kinesiology and a double minor in Psychology and Pre-Physical Therapy. My undergrad GPA is 3.93 and a pre-req GPA of 3.9. I scored a 153 on the Verbal, 155 on Quant, and 5.0 in analytical on the GRE. I currently have about 150 observation hours at an in-patient stroke rehab unit and an out-patient clinic. I have more observation set up for the school year and hope to apply with close to 300 hours. I am a student-athlete at my school and compete in Cross Country and Track. I am also an RA. I am hoping that both would demonstrate my leadership ability. Just curious if there is anything else I should work on to improve my chances. Thanks!

It's not possible to say for sure. It all depends on how many applicants don't accept their offers. Could be 0 or could be quite a few. It will vary from year to year.
It's never "quite a few" - a handful at most.

Members don't see this ad :)
Talk about what you've done already in your military career (squad leader, etc.). Also, highlight what you've done outside of the military (leading a club sports team, volunteering, etc.).

Hey! I am currently working on my application to Army-Baylor to apply this cycle. I am a civilian but heard about Army-Baylor through a family friend and it has become my top pick. I am curious as to what my chances are to getting in though. I will graduate this Spring with my BS in Kinesiology and a double minor in Psychology and Pre-Physical Therapy. My undergrad GPA is 3.93 and a pre-req GPA of 3.9. I scored a 153 on the Verbal, 155 on Quant, and 5.0 in analytical on the GRE. I currently have about 150 observation hours at an in-patient stroke rehab unit and an out-patienmint clinic. I have more observation set up for the school year and hope to apply with close to 300 hours. I am a student-athlete at my school and compete in Cross Country and Track. I am also an RA. I am hoping that both would demonstrate my leadership ability. Just curious if there is anything else I should work on to improve my chances. Thanks!
An understanding of military vs. civilian practice is important - consider speaking with a military PT or shadowing in a military/veterans affairs facility. Any applicant should strive for GRE scores above the minimum posted requirements.

Hope everyone got their applications submitted! Best of luck to everyone.

Has anyone gotten an interview yet ?
I just had mine last week. Second application, first interview. Fingers crossed! Currently active duty USAF enlisted. Best of luck everyone!

I submitted my application on September 30th and received an email today stating that I will be contacted about scheduling an interview. For those who have had interviews already, how did they go?

I submitted my application on September 30th and received an email today stating that I will be contacted about scheduling an interview. For those who have had interviews already, how did they go?
For those of you that already have been interviewed (Great job!) or have one scheduled (Good luck!), did you have any prereqs left (ie classes, GRE)? I take my GRE this Saturday as stated in PTCAS but haven't heard anything.

I submitted my application back in July, no email yet- has anyone gotten a rejection letter?

I submitted my application back in July, no email yet- has anyone gotten a rejection letter?
I submitted mine back in September and still no interview email yet. I am a reapplicant, from what I remember they won't send a rejection letter until after the interview timeline. I got my rejection letter late November of that year

Anyone who got accepted got an interview in november? just curious on what my chances are if I submitted my application in september and I still hadn't received a letter to schedule an interview. Thank you

What are the chances of getting an interview if I haven’t heard anything yet?

Mine was at 0400 local time (currently stationed in Japan), so it was a little rough, but all things considered, I feel it went well!

What are the chances of getting an interview if I haven’t heard anything yet?
I looked back at the forum from last year, and on November 10th, someone had asked the school directly and they said they still had "interview slots to fill and interviews to conduct." So don't lose hope yet! Good luck!

I submitted mine back in September and still no interview email yet. I am a reapplicant, from what I remember they won't send a rejection letter until after the interview timeline. I got my rejection letter late November of that year
Applicants won't receive a letter regarding their status until mid-November. The program is still reviewing applications and making decisions on interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when they will make the decision on the interviews? I've heard several things, and I am unsure if they tell you now or in February if you made it past the interview round.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when they will make the decision on the interviews? I've heard several things, and I am unsure if they tell you now or in February if you made it past the interview round.
They should message soon if you make it past the interview round. Then you work with a recruiter. Final decisions still aren't made till March I believe.

Got a “no” yesterday, but I will be reapplying!! Good luck and congratulations to those going on to the next step!

Reactions: 2 users
I did not get an interview and I haven't gotten a "No" either, I'm anxious if I should wait until February or just take the no interview as a no?
I'm a reapplicant, when I applied in 2019-2020 I got a no mid-november. Thanks for the response.

I did not get an interview and I haven't gotten a "No" either, I'm anxious if I should wait until February or just take the no interview as a no?
I'm a reapplicant, when I applied in 2019-2020 I got a no mid-november. Thanks for the response.
Auy, the program will reach out to you today.

Last edited:
Anyone in Phase II and have been in contact with your recruiter?

Anyone in Phase II and have been in contact with your recruiter?
I have been for a while now. If you haven't been contacted yet reach out to a recruiter. I believe there was some information on this in the email you get when moving onto phase 2 (I think!). Good Luck.

Does anyone know when the results will come out? I know the board convened today and my recruiter informed me that it might take a month to get the results

Does anyone know when the results will come out? I know the board convened today and my recruiter informed me that it might take a month to get the results
The email I got that notified me that I was moving on to phase II indicated that results would be sent out within 5 days of the board meeting. Today was the last day of that meeting, from my understanding, so I’m hoping by the end of next week we should know. Hoping for the best!

The email I got that notified me that I was moving on to phase II indicated that results would be sent out within 5 days of the board meeting. Today was the last day of that meeting, from my understanding, so I’m hoping by the end of next week we should know. Hoping for the best!
I'm just being anxious, hoping for the best.

Just spoke to my recruiter and found out I was placed on the OML. Good luck everyone!

I got placed on OML as well. Hoping a few of us get pulled from the list and can join those accepted later this summer.

I found out yesterday that I was accepted! Has anyone else been notified?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi team!

I am just wondering if there is already a 2022-2023 application cycle thread? I would like to reach out to alumni and/or reapplying this year. Thanks!