This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'll be finishing up my app this weekend. Had to request my previous background check to ensure I filled everything out the same on the new one. I have had a lot of different addresses the past 6 years, hard to keep it straight. But almost there!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, future applicant here. I was trying to reach out to get observation hours from the military installations, but lacked resources. Is the only way to get these hours just by knowing someone who works as a PT in a base?
 
Hi everyone, future applicant here. I was trying to reach out to get observation hours from the military installations, but lacked resources. Is the only way to get these hours just by knowing someone who works as a PT in a base?
Hey! Wising you good luck as you begin this journey! I had no military connection/affiliation. What I did is just called the physical therapy department at Ft. Benning and told them I needed to get observation hours for the program. They put me in touch with the Colonel in charge of all of the rehab services and then he put me in touch with the physical therapy department head, who worked with me to get cleared to do my shadowing.
 
Hey! Wising you good luck as you begin this journey! I had no military connection/affiliation. What I did is just called the physical therapy department at Ft. Benning and told them I needed to get observation hours for the program. They put me in touch with the Colonel in charge of all of the rehab services and then he put me in touch with the physical therapy department head, who worked with me to get cleared to do my shadowing.
Okay maybe I should just be bold and try that. Thank you so much!
 
Has anyone applied as an Army ROTC cadet? If so, how did you get an ed delay? How does the ed delay process work for Army DPT?
 
Hey everyone,

Hope you all had a good holiday season! I haven’t seen any traffic here in almost a month so just wanted to see how phase 2 is going for everyone else!

I am more or less complete and just waiting for a security interview.
Hey Cal!

Still waiting to hear back from the Air Force regarding selection/non-selection. Heard it could be around mid to late February 2026, so no news as of yet.

Good to hear your basically almost at the finish line. Wishing you the best!

-Peyton
 
Hi everyone, future applicant here. I was trying to reach out to get observation hours from the military installations, but lacked resources. Is the only way to get these hours just by knowing someone who works as a PT in a base?
Be bold, it will be a good quality when/if you become an Army Officer. Just reach out the PT clinics on bases near you. You should be able to find their points of contact on their clinic/hospital websites. If anything, you can always get a visitors pass onto most military bases at the visitors center. You can go into where they have their PT clinic and talk to the receptionist about getting in contact with a PT to shadow.
 
Hey all, just sharing Air Force side info.

AFPC does not post the AF results on myFSS as a PSDM anymore, but I was reached out to personally regarding the decision. Congratulations to everyone who made it this cycle!! I'm bummed I won't be able to study with you all, there were some truly incredible candidates and high achievers in this thread, but I'm rooting for you! Maybe I'll catch you all next cycle. 🙂
 
Hey all, just sharing Air Force side info.

AFPC does not post the AF results on myFSS as a PSDM anymore, but I was reached out to personally regarding the decision. Congratulations to everyone who made it this cycle!! I'm bummed I won't be able to study with you all, there were some truly incredible candidates and high achievers in this thread, but I'm rooting for you! Maybe I'll catch you all next cycle. 🙂
I was also told “not selected” gonna apply in the civilian side now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recruiter let me know the board dates are 23-26MAR and something about packets being stuck at the final Quality Check step. I've had my board file done for over a month without the final "board ready" status. He said not to worry, it's a known issue and all packets will be sent to the board. Anyone else in this boat?
 
Recruiter let me know the board dates are 23-26MAR and something about packets being stuck at the final Quality Check step. I've had my board file done for over a month without the final "board ready" status. He said not to worry, it's a known issue and all packets will be sent to the board. Anyone else in this boat?
I haven’t heard anything about the adjusted board dates. Still just using the timeline from the MILPER.
 
On the application timeline online it does say we will know by early April but previous cohorts have gotten their acceptances on March 15th. Are they meeting from the 23-26 or will we get a response by that time?
Recruiter let me know the board dates are 23-26MAR and something about packets being stuck at the final Quality Check step. I've had my board file done for over a month without the final "board ready" status. He said not to worry, it's a known issue and all packets will be sent to the board. Anyone else in this boat?
 
On the application timeline online it does say we will know by early April but previous cohorts have gotten their acceptances on March 15th. Are they meeting from the 23-26 or will we get a response by that time?
Previous cohorts had their selection boards earlier in the month. I believe last year te board met March 5 and was contacted by March 15. This year the board is March 23-26 so we will probably know by the following Friday 3 April.
 
Hello everyone,

We know that you are excited for the board results to be released! The earliest recruiters will contact you will be towards the end of the week. However, we believe that the final board list will be released to recruiters early next week. Once that happens, official program seat offers will be sent out.

Take care,

Army Baylor DPT
 
Hi all! I've been following this thread but haven't posted yet. Congrats to everyone that's been accepted! I also just found out I was accepted and would love to connect with you guys! I like the idea of starting a group chat!
 
I applied to the OPT program at Baylor, with the Army and I was just put on the Order of Merit List (OML). Is there any guidance on being accepted after being put on a wait list? How likely is it that I will be accepted? I know I need someone to drop out, but what do those odds look like? Anyone with experience, I would appreciate input. It hurts to be put on the wait list like this, after everything I did to make it this far.
 
I applied to the OPT program at Baylor, with the Army and I was just put on the Order of Merit List (OML). Is there any guidance on being accepted after being put on a wait list? How likely is it that I will be accepted? I know I need someone to drop out, but what do those odds look like? Anyone with experience, I would appreciate input. It hurts to be put on the wait list like this, after everything I did to make it this far.
I know OML isn’t ideal but even making it to the selection board means you’re very competitive. I am a second time applicant, was OML last year, reapplied, and got in this time. They won’t tell you the exact rank that you are on the OML but my recruiter said they usually have 2-5 OML activations depending on the year. There’s no guarantee. But if you do choose to reapply, ask your recruiter for the notes on from your interview. These are invaluable for identifying areas of improvement.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As @kellyrow2022 mentioned, making it to the board indicates that you are in the competitive range. Also, to confirm, USARD will not release the sequence of the order of merit list. If you desire feedback on your application, the best option is to reach out the DPT/MPN/OTD program POC that assisted USARD with your board packet. The program POC's have access to your CAS application (recruiters do not) and are better suited to provide detailed feedback.
 
@kellyrow2022 Congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering if you would be willing to share how you adjusted your application during this cycle after being placed on the order of merit list last year?
 
@kellyrow2022 Congrats on your acceptance! I was wondering if you would be willing to share how you adjusted your application during this cycle after being placed on the order of merit list last year?
Thank you so much! I would be honored to.
So last year, I actually applied and had my interview before I had complete any shadowing hours. I was neck deep in my senior year classes and playing a collegiate sport and working 2 jobs. I did what I could to research on my own and try to make contacts with my local base but my knowledge going into that interview was very limited. Taking the interview notes, I boiled it down to 3 things:
1) comprehensive understanding of the unique scope of practice
2) articulate specific leadership style and relevant experience
3) lack of initiation/preparation general.
I ended up doing a shadowing rotation at my local post. I shadowed 6 different pts in different locations that all had different population. That alone gave me so much more insight and understand. I completed an Individual leadership study where I read books and spoke with people and ultimately developed my own leadership style in a way I could articulate. And then I also upped my academics in any way I could. I was graduated by this point so for me this meant retaking my GRE, which I did end up increasing by a few points.
Lots to think about! Let me know if I can help you out in any way!
 
Thank you so much! I would be honored to.
So last year, I actually applied and had my interview before I had complete any shadowing hours. I was neck deep in my senior year classes and playing a collegiate sport and working 2 jobs. I did what I could to research on my own and try to make contacts with my local base but my knowledge going into that interview was very limited. Taking the interview notes, I boiled it down to 3 things:
1) comprehensive understanding of the unique scope of practice
2) articulate specific leadership style and relevant experience
3) lack of initiation/preparation general.
I ended up doing a shadowing rotation at my local post. I shadowed 6 different pts in different locations that all had different population. That alone gave me so much more insight and understand. I completed an Individual leadership study where I read books and spoke with people and ultimately developed my own leadership style in a way I could articulate. And then I also upped my academics in any way I could. I was graduated by this point so for me this meant retaking my GRE, which I did end up increasing by a few points.
Lots to think about! Let me know if I can help you out in any way!
Thank you so much for your insight! It sounds like I am in a similar spot to where you were last year. I also play a sport and hold multiple jobs. I was placed on the OML, and I plan to apply again. Did your recruiter give you the feedback, or was that the admissions counselor at Army Baylor? I am not 100% who to reach out to in order to get the notes on my application.
 
I know OML isn’t ideal but even making it to the selection board means you’re very competitive. I am a second time applicant, was OML last year, reapplied, and got in this time. They won’t tell you the exact rank that you are on the OML but my recruiter said they usually have 2-5 OML activations depending on the year. There’s no guarantee. But if you do choose to reapply, ask your recruiter for the notes on from your interview. These are invaluable for identifying areas of improvement.
Thank you very much for the notes and valuable information. I will see what I can do to make my application stronger.
 
As @kellyrow2022 mentioned, making it to the board indicates that you are in the competitive range. Also, to confirm, USARD will not release the sequence of the order of merit list. If you desire feedback on your application, the best option is to reach out the DPT/MPN/OTD program POC that assisted USARD with your board packet. The program POC's have access to your CAS application (recruiters do not) and are better suited to provide detailed feedback.
Thank you! I will work on that information next!
 
Thank you so much for your insight! It sounds like I am in a similar spot to where you were last year. I also play a sport and hold multiple jobs. I was placed on the OML, and I plan to apply again. Did your recruiter give you the feedback, or was that the admissions counselor at Army Baylor? I am not 100% who to reach out to in order to get the notes on my application.
I’m pretty sure it was my recruiter who got me the notes from my interview.
 
Hey Everyone,
I applied last cycle and didn't receive much feedback. I'm getting all my ducks in a row to retake the GRE and apply again.
If anyone is willing to share their redacted packages, I would greatly appreciate it.