Army GMO - current deployment trend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RMEMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
If anybody knows the latest trend of deployement length for army GMO's, please share the info. Is it 4.5 months,6 months or 9 months?. If it can be different, please
explain the different scenarios.
I did see some discussion in other threads, but they were all atleast 2 years old.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
If anybody knows the latest trend of deployement length for army GMO's, please share the info. Is it 4.5 months,6 months or 9 months?. If it can be different, please
I did see some discussion in other threads, but they were all atleast 2 years old.
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

could be any of the above, up to 12-months even. I've heard of >12 month deployments (15-monthers, that are broken up by a little leave period, where you're allowed to go home for a couple weeks in the middle of it). I'm not sure if the Army medical corp is still doing that, but it's a possibility. They have been bearing the brunt of recent conflicts.

There's a million different scenarios, depending on what part of the world we're rescuing next. It's really hard to predict, and you shouldn't join thinking that you wont deploy, or will only deploy for a short period of time, that it'll necessarily be easy duty . . . .etc etc. These would all be bad assumptions. In 1999, nobody thought we'd be fighting two wars in 2003, so times can change dramatically even over the span of a 4-year commitment. Anyway, If you don't like the thought of deploying or are apprehensive about it, best not to join, or delay your decision.

Hello,
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

hmm. I wonder if it is prudent to give out sensitive and specific info. in this public forum...