• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Army OBLC Dates 2011

About the Ads

MedicoBoomstick

Groovy
Lifetime Donor
Army
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
www.linkedin.com
  1. Attending Physician
    This is alittle off topic but hoping for some help.

Is it better to do BOLC before your first year of med school or after the first year?

Also, if you do BOLC before med school, do you just get an extra ADT between years one and two.

MODS had some good information, but I was hoping to learn from some of your experiances.

MB

dwb8p

10+ Year Member
    Army
    May 26, 2008
    1. Attending Physician
      This is alittle off topic but hoping for some help.

Is it better to do BOLC before your first year of med school or after the first year?

Also, if you do BOLC before med school, do you just get an extra ADT between years one and two.

MODS had some good information, but I was hoping to learn from some of your experiances.

MB
      I would suggest getting it out of the way before 1st year. That way you have time between 1 & 2 to do more useful things like research, shadowing, vacation, etc...

USArmyHPSP

7+ Year Member
      Nov 12, 2009
      1. Academic Administration

No. If you do what is call an "early entry" ADT (BOLC is the only ADT allowed to do this). You will not have an ADT between first and second year, the next time MODS will allow you to request will be between second and third year.

bogatyr

15+ Year Member
        Aug 7, 2004
          No. If you do what is call an "early entry" ADT (BOLC is the only ADT allowed to do this). You will not have an ADT between first and second year, the next time MODS will allow you to request will be between second and third year.

That's interesting. They used to have a small program for people who had the summer between MS1&2 free where you could go to small MEDDACs like Ft Riley or Ft Knox and work in the family medicine clinic. You get 4 total ADTs, so that would be the second one.

Roberie

10+ Year Member
          Army
          Sep 24, 2008
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            Sorry for the hijack, but has anybody who knows they are going to BOLC this summer get their orders yet? I got the e-mail confirming my reservation but haven't received orders to report yet.

Mahalo,

MB

I've been wondering the same thing. Got the reservation email a while back. In due time, I'm sure.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.