*Tater-Salad*
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Currently in an IM residency, set on Army (reserve vs guard) due to bases near me. Wanting to join up as an attending after residency, most likely. Having a hard time getting clear answers from recruiters so I wanted to get knowledge/experiences on here:
1) Training length differences between the two.
2) Let me be clear before asking this, that I don't mind deployments. I simply already have a primary care job lined up after residency and I want to be as transparent as possible with them as far as deployment expectations. So with that said, differences in how often one might be deployed between the two. AND I assume the "90-day boots not the ground" +/- in/out time goes for both?
3) Can any of the initial training count towards GME credit for residency? Had a friend that got approved for it in the Air guard.
4) Jobs that I would most likely be put into. GMO?
Thanks ahead of time!
1) Training length differences between the two.
2) Let me be clear before asking this, that I don't mind deployments. I simply already have a primary care job lined up after residency and I want to be as transparent as possible with them as far as deployment expectations. So with that said, differences in how often one might be deployed between the two. AND I assume the "90-day boots not the ground" +/- in/out time goes for both?
3) Can any of the initial training count towards GME credit for residency? Had a friend that got approved for it in the Air guard.
4) Jobs that I would most likely be put into. GMO?
Thanks ahead of time!