Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am a third year med student in the HPSP program. I was wondering how possible it is to defer my army residency and do a civilian residency, if I chose NOT to get paid by the army? I plan on going into PM&R.
Let me just also say that my reasons for asking are based on family matters which have arisen that would lead me to prefer to stay near my hometown, and not because I feel army training is inadequate. Furthermore, I realize that other things in life get put on hold when I entered the military, so I'm not expecting any special treatment of my situation. I was just curious to see if I have this option if need be.
Thank you for any input.
Let me just also say that my reasons for asking are based on family matters which have arisen that would lead me to prefer to stay near my hometown, and not because I feel army training is inadequate. Furthermore, I realize that other things in life get put on hold when I entered the military, so I'm not expecting any special treatment of my situation. I was just curious to see if I have this option if need be.
Thank you for any input.