Army Vet pursing DPT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Csquared1987

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So i've finished my research about what I need to do, and also improve on to apply for PT School in next years cycle. My unofficial Cum. GPA is 3.15 I know it's low but tomorrow (5-30-17) I start my journey of taking all my science prereqs to raise it up. Starting this summer with CHEM 1, and 2, BIO 1, and 2. In the fall i'll do Physics 1 and Human Anatomy 1, and spring 18' Physics 2 and Human Anatomy 2. I have a BBA in Healthcare Systems Management and recently I've decided to pursue a career in physical therapy. Next summer I plan on taking the GRE. is that a good time of year to take it? right before the 18' cycle starts up?
 
I personally would take it in the spring to see how you do, and then if you need to re-take it then you have summer. Keep in mind it might take up to a month for schools to receive your scores so plan ahead.
 
I did something similar when I left the Army a few years ago. Initially I planned on taking the GRE in the fall, but after starting a rather heavy course load I decided to wait until the following summer when I was completely done with classes so I could concentrate solely on the GRE.