Arrested for sneaking into a music festival

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Geez there are a lot of self-righteous people on here. Sneaking into a music festival isn't that big of a deal.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
He didn't sneak into the concert. Sneak means to do it quietly . If he had found an unguarded gate or entrance and he went in to the concert that would be sneaking in. If he had done that he most likely would have seen the concert and gone home a happy guy. But he didn't do that. He rushed the gate and the guards/police whatever had to tackle him. He could have been hurt as could the guards or even ticket holders entering the venue. So he didn't sneak into anything. His whole attitude reeks of immaturity and entitlement and poor planning skills. He made a scene and got arrested. And he justifies the whole thing by saying it was his favorite group and he feels bad that he couldn't see them. So it was his actions to get into the concert that caused this problem and he can't see anything wrong with them. The only thing he really cares about is that he was caught and his friend wasn't. And now he is trying to figure out how to avoid getting questioned about the situation. As someone else said, there is more to the aftermath than he is sharing. If it was a simple arrest and he was immediately released there would be no story. If he was arrested and charged and the charges were dropped -again there would be no story. But there is something more to the story. OP should spend some time changing his attitude and reflecting on his actions.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
OP shows horrible impulse control and no common sense. Does this kid not have any negative feedback control mechanisms? When exposed to a painful stimulus, shut it all down. Stop typing, private message a moderator to close the thread, and swap out your avatar with a generic SDN one. Spend your time trying to bury this topic instead of promoting it.

@Halcyon32 Look at all the people sympathizing with you. They are pre-meds and a freshly made anon accounts. These are literally the worst people you could listen to or should eagerly take feedback response from because they have no bearing on this matter. The adcoms telling you that you goofed was a dead giveaway that you needed to thank them for the advice and then shut this thread down.

Most obvious thing I would have done from the get go instead of posting here is volunteering. Yes, volunteer for the music concert area that you tried to crash. That should have been your #1 response. A friend of mine got into a USMD school on second cycle, but it wasn't easy. They had stellar stats with a 3.9 GPA and a 38 MCAT, but the catch was that they got a DUI. Got in nowhere their first cycle, then realized the weight of their DUI and did seminars/public spoke about what a mistake it is to drive under the influence. Got in to several schools on second cycle. Someone mentioned in a dismissive tone that getting into medical school is a game and you'll probably get a pass somewhere based on someone believing whatever sob story you write to be a Disney moment. I honestly don't see you getting that chance anytime soon because you actually need to start playing by the rules in order to have a chance at winning the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Re: people who think others are vilifying the opening poster.

Correlation shouldn't be confused for causation. But when you have two independent incidences of the OP having negative run-ins with authority, it's hard to not make the connection that the OP himself has underlying issues of dealing with the authoritative "NO" when it doesn't align with their own interests. First being the cop who tackled him and second the fact that he is arguing with adcoms over their evaluation of him not being sincerely sorry for his actions when he has 0 objective proof to contrast it:

Dear Goro,
I love you. Please abandon your wife and kids so we can live together in the alps together for eternity. I really, really mean it. I will be waiting for you in Switzerland.
- Sardinia.

This does absolutely, absolutely nothing for you except making you more memorable for something you don't want to be remembered for in the future. The OP's locus of control is clearly on the other side of the country. Bring it in. Having misdemeanors don't hurt you just in your application to medical school. They can screw with you in many of the 50 states for job applications, especially if you are trying to work in a hospital and they use a private background check service in order to obtain information on you. Get in contact with a family member who is an attorney and has experience with these cases or knows a local attorney who has experience with these cases. Please do not Google for legal advice or try finding an attorney through there. Here's a poll question, even if you do have proof that you have undertaken action in order to rectify your mistake, what should your response be to adcoms who feel otherwise?

George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif

Reactions: 11 users
Dear Goro,
I love you. Please abandon your wife and kids so we can live together in the alps together for eternity. I really, really mean it. I will be waiting for you in Switzerland.
- Sardinia.
What the actual F.

Reactions: 4 users
I hope it was a hell of a concert. I'd hate to think OP got into all this trouble over Coldplay or something.
Oh...awkward...
I know it doesn't help OP, but I can totally envision you getting tackled to the ground in slow motion as the first verse in the song "Fix You" plays in the background.

Honestly, OP, I have 5 IA's, but with your attitude I think my chances are way better than yours. I am sincere in knowing I made a mistake and that I am at fault, you seem to think the problem was getting caught. People will catch onto this, don't think you can trick people who've been doing this for 10+ years.

I still fail to see how this is the case, I owned up to my mistake and acknowledged that it was wrong in what I would consider a level-headed way.

I honestly don't think your crime was all that bad, but your apologies haven't been acknowledging it was wrong, it was acknowledging you're sad you got caught.

Reactions: 3 users
I still fail to see how this is the case, I owned up to my mistake and acknowledged that it was wrong in what I would consider a level-headed way.
I don't think what you did is all that bad, but I agree with the sentiment that your posts itt are red flags for adcoms. If everyone disagrees with how you view this you probably aren't the one who sees clearly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's be fair Affiche represents a failure of the medical school system to weed out morally questionable people

This person's willing to rip off parking spaces regardless of what the rules are

This person's probably the type to let addicts continue taking drugs rather than help them wean off if it makes his life simpler

I mourn the patients this person might see........ they deserve better.
@Affiche, you missed a pretty great opportunity to quote your avatar here.

Let's be fair Affiche represents a failure of the medical school system to weed out morally questionable people

This person's willing to rip off parking spaces regardless of what the rules are

This person's probably the type to let addicts continue taking drugs rather than help them wean off if it makes his life simpler

giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 users

I've been silently rolling my eyes at this thread for a couple of days. I agree that it needs to die, but this comment really pushed me to say something.

@Affiche is a moral failing of the admissions process? Are you joking? I know it is easy for her to post some flippant Mean Girls meme, but I'm gonna be irrate for her. Call me an AfficheJusticeWarrior.
1) What makes you say this? How well do you know her?
2) In what possible realm of reality can you extrapolate her nonchalant (trying to seem objective) attitude about some stranger's arrest at a music festival to her prescribing drugs to addicts? Are you obtuse? Do you not understand how deeply offensive this baseless assumption is?
3) She in no way condoned OPs actions. Or excused them. Or downplayed them.

Good job on your virtue signalling in the thread, pre-allo posters. We REALLY understand how deeply you integrate your moral compass into every action. We also noted that you align yourself against those who have messed up.

You seriously sound like old fashioned Christians shaming a girl for braiding her hair or wearing immodest clothing, while most likely ignoring the poor and homeless around you. You're missing the overall point of the rules.

I would prefer to see these things as straight facts. Like a memo- a report. Give me the facts on what happened most importantly, without emotion to convolute the situation. Then after determination of the severity of the crime (murder vs DUI vs speeding ticket vs MIP), OP can be advised how to emotionally approach the essays. I know you all are itching to see someone grovel, but that's weird.

You don't know really if OP "feels bad."
You don't necessary feel or even show that you are superior by claiming that if you were in OP's shoes you would feel more remorse
Save your virtue signalliny for Facebook.

Of course OP should actually feel bad- we want our physicians to have a strong moral compass and a highly tuned sense of ethical responsibility. But the amount of shaming OP AND AFFICHE is just a dick measuring contest.

OP, yes. You have an uphill battle. Good luck. Other adcoms have sufficiently answered your actual question.

With that, I honestly hope this is the last dumb opinion/word that is spoken in this forsaken thread.
Also @Lawper most of this isnt actually directed at you lol. Sorry for pre-misunderstandings

Man, people here are the worst. OP, since some and goro have mentioned that it's risky if an adcom sees this thread, I suggest you upgrade your SDN account to Gold. That way you can delete your own threads, including this toilet of a thread. It's $35, though.

Reactions: 2 users
Man, people here are the worst. OP, since some and goro have mentioned that it's risky if an adcom sees this thread, I suggest you upgrade your SDN account to Gold. That way you can delete your own threads, including this toilet of a thread. It's $35, though.
I did this...haha.

But seriously SDN is worth the donation!! Invaluable advice and opinions. Minus some of these. Lol

OP is broke tho

I know it doesn't help OP, but I can totally envision you getting tackled to the ground in slow motion as the first verse in the song "Fix You" plays in the background.

I'm dead. I don't know why I LOL'ed so hard.

Reactions: 1 user
I had to get some popcorn reading this thread....

Edit: @ThoracicGuy I decided to comment after making it through page 3. Great minds think alike? Lol

Reactions: 3 users
I've been silently rolling my eyes at this thread for a couple of days. I agree that it needs to die, but this comment really pushed me to say something.

@Affiche is a moral failing of the admissions process? Are you joking? I know it is easy for her to post some flippant Mean Girls meme, but I'm gonna be irrate for her. Call me an AfficheJusticeWarrior.
1) What makes you say this? How well do you know her?
2) In what possible realm of reality can you extrapolate her nonchalant (trying to seem objective) attitude about some stranger's arrest at a music festival to her prescribing drugs to addicts? Are you obtuse? Do you not understand how deeply offensive this baseless assumption is?
3) She in no way condoned OPs actions. Or excused them. Or downplayed them.

Good job on your virtue signalling in the thread, pre-allo posters. We REALLY understand how deeply you integrate your moral compass into every action. We also noted that you align yourself against those who have messed up.

You seriously sound like old fashioned Christians shaming a girl for braiding her hair or wearing immodest clothing, while most likely ignoring the poor and homeless around you. You're missing the overall point of the rules.

I would prefer to see these things as straight facts. Like a memo- a report. Give me the facts on what happened most importantly, without emotion to convolute the situation. Then after determination of the severity of the crime (murder vs DUI vs speeding ticket vs MIP), OP can be advised how to emotionally approach the essays. I know you all are itching to see someone grovel, but that's weird.

You don't know really if OP "feels bad."
You don't necessary feel or even show that you are superior by claiming that if you were in OP's shoes you would feel more remorse
Save your virtue signalliny for Facebook.

Of course OP should actually feel bad- we want our physicians to have a strong moral compass and a highly tuned sense of ethical responsibility. But the amount of shaming OP AND AFFICHE is just a dick measuring contest.

OP, yes. You have an uphill battle. Good luck. Other adcoms have sufficiently answered your actual question.

With that, I honestly hope this is the last dumb opinion/word that is spoken in this forsaken thread.
Also @Lawper most of this isnt actually directed at you lol. Sorry for pre-misunderstandings

You tell him :rofl:
this thread went from :banana: to :diebanana:

Walking into this thread like
giphy.gif

Reactions: 5 users