Arrgghhh I cannot get a B!!!

Started by st3ady
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

st3ady

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is me venting from frustration with my Gen Chem 2 class...

I calculated that I can only get 72 more points off out of all my class assignments/exams in order to retain an A. I just had my 2nd exam today and I know I messed up on one of the questions, I am guessing it will be around 10-20 points off total. Then I have one more homework assignment, 2 more labs, and a final exam next week. SO FRUSTRATING!!! 😡:scared:

I can't get a B in my post-bac or else I'll greatly reduce my chance of getting into any med school...

any stories of success with Bs? Blargh. 😕
 
Well I feel badly that no one is helping you out so I'll jump in and try. I think a lot depends on your undergrad record. Getting a B in and of itself is not a big deal. The potential problems arise if 1) If you are in a post-bacc to improve your record and 2) Gen chem is traditionally considered one of the "easier" requirements...it's not easy by any means, but I think most premeds agree orgo and/or physics can be more difficult...so this issue with chem may indicate future problems.

On a slightly different note, I do empathize with you. I've been in classes that I felt like i deserved better than a grade indicated....i've noticed a lot depends on the professor which can make things frustrating. If you tell us a lil more about your background and circumstance maybe people can offer more specific and helpful advice. good luck until then!
 
UPDATE *BUMP*

Just wanted to update anyone who might have read this whiney post, I am glad to report that I did manage to get an A in the class !!!1 😀🙂:hardy:😛👍:laugh:😎😉

Sorry for not responding to your helpful post Chrissy, I was just too busy lol...
But yeah, at that time I was freaking out because on my first exam i got an 80, and I saw the professor after class and he said in the end I would be fine. I told him "a B is not fine for me!" and I worked my ass off to get every singly point I could get in my homework assignments, labs, and second exam. I took the final yesterday and although it was hard as hell, I thought I did well. Checked my grade today in the afternoon and jumped for joy. I was on the line, so close.

So my plan is now that I got an A and a B in chem1 and chem2 is to re-apply to the post-bac program, and let them know that I mean business, that I am serious about this, and plan to keep a 4.0 the whole way through.

Thanks for reading! 🙂