Arrgghhh I cannot get a B!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

st3ady

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is me venting from frustration with my Gen Chem 2 class...

I calculated that I can only get 72 more points off out of all my class assignments/exams in order to retain an A. I just had my 2nd exam today and I know I messed up on one of the questions, I am guessing it will be around 10-20 points off total. Then I have one more homework assignment, 2 more labs, and a final exam next week. SO FRUSTRATING!!! :mad::scared:

I can't get a B in my post-bac or else I'll greatly reduce my chance of getting into any med school...

any stories of success with Bs? Blargh. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Well I feel badly that no one is helping you out so I'll jump in and try. I think a lot depends on your undergrad record. Getting a B in and of itself is not a big deal. The potential problems arise if 1) If you are in a post-bacc to improve your record and 2) Gen chem is traditionally considered one of the "easier" requirements...it's not easy by any means, but I think most premeds agree orgo and/or physics can be more difficult...so this issue with chem may indicate future problems.

On a slightly different note, I do empathize with you. I've been in classes that I felt like i deserved better than a grade indicated....i've noticed a lot depends on the professor which can make things frustrating. If you tell us a lil more about your background and circumstance maybe people can offer more specific and helpful advice. good luck until then!

UPDATE *BUMP*

Just wanted to update anyone who might have read this whiney post, I am glad to report that I did manage to get an A in the class !!!1 :D:):hardy::p:thumbup::laugh::cool:;)

Sorry for not responding to your helpful post Chrissy, I was just too busy lol...
But yeah, at that time I was freaking out because on my first exam i got an 80, and I saw the professor after class and he said in the end I would be fine. I told him "a B is not fine for me!" and I worked my ass off to get every singly point I could get in my homework assignments, labs, and second exam. I took the final yesterday and although it was hard as hell, I thought I did well. Checked my grade today in the afternoon and jumped for joy. I was on the line, so close.

So my plan is now that I got an A and a B in chem1 and chem2 is to re-apply to the post-bac program, and let them know that I mean business, that I am serious about this, and plan to keep a 4.0 the whole way through.

Thanks for reading! :)