Arrowhead Regional in Colton, CA.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TIGER STYLE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows much about this program? I have an interview there soon and would really appreciate some info. on what the program is like (cases, call schedule, malignant? etc...). Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

TIGER STYLE said:
Anyone knows much about this program? I have an interview there soon and would really appreciate some info. on what the program is like (cases, call schedule, malignant? etc...). Thank you.

Ditto, but not for an interview just for general info.

Here's what I've found so far. Arrowhead has the only burncenter in the county and is of decent size with tons of trauma. You also do rotations at the California Medical Center and Riverside county medical center. Riverside was rebuilt in 1997 or something like that it's a 400 bed regional hospital. Califonia Medical Center in a 313 Private hospital in LA.

The question that I have is do you get adequate exposure to both bread and butter as well as complex cases at Arrowhead. The other question that I have is that is it wise to go to a program that just had it's innaugral class in 2003.

Any body know anything about St. James program in Chicago?

Thanks Docgeorge for the great info. Also, my opinion is that you can always find a way to pick up the "bread and butter" cases, but you can't always get the trauma, complicated cases that would be available to you at a good training program. Thanks again for replying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know your impression of the place post interview. Got any info on Botsford or South Pointe? Or any of the other programs. I've got a little info on DMU/Mercy Medical Center (as it's my home program) if you're interested.

Hey guys I have some info on some AOA programs as well, being that I am going through the interview process right now. I know a little about Colton from a resident in Dayton. He wasnt all that impressed said that the program has great potential but was so new that he wasnt going to be blazing the trail for future residents wanted something with more stability and history. Also their internship isnt linked to the residency program. Have to do a traditional year and then apply for a PGY2 spot. So I dont know if they take more interns than residencies spots thus you could be looking at being the odd man out at the end of internship. Let me know if you want any other info I have interviewed/rotated at Des Moines (my home program), POH, Grandview, Doctors, Plaza (Ft. Worth), and have heard things from various residents about various programs.

There so little info out there about DO programs, why dont you post what you know of each of the programs listed?

Docgeorge...I just PMed you

DO Surgeon...I have interviewed at several places so far and have a few coming up. If you want to share info. that would be great. What have you heard about Henry Ford Bi-County or St. John Oakland? Thanks.