Nov 24, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have very good fine motor skills, mostly due to my love for drawing. I am particularly good with illustrating extremely fine details. Could this be potentially helpful if I pursue surgery? Also, are there any there occupations within the medical field where I could utilize my fine motor skills?

Thank you!

Nov 24, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
About the Ads

dienekes88

10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I have very good fine motor skills, mostly due to my love for drawing. I am particularly good with illustrating extremely fine details. Could this be potentially helpful if I pursue surgery? Also, are there any there occupations within the medical field where I could utilize my fine motor skills?

Thank you!

Technical ability is only part of what it takes to be a surgeon. Having a good eye is more important for some specialties than for others.

Other occupations: medical illustrator. Good pictures are so important.

Reactions: 1 users
Nov 24, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Technical ability is only part of what it takes to be a surgeon. Having a good eye is more important for some specialties than for others.

Other occupations: medical illustrator. Good pictures are so important.

I suppose I've never considered being a medical illustrator but that sounds SO COOL! Thank you for the suggestion, now I will have to look into it :)

ireason

Freshly squeezed. Not made from concentrate.
Dec 3, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
using your head is sometimes more important than being able to use your hands in surgery.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.