Quantcast

Artistic ability and potential to perform surgery?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SparkleKitty

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I have very good fine motor skills, mostly due to my love for drawing. I am particularly good with illustrating extremely fine details. Could this be potentially helpful if I pursue surgery? Also, are there any there occupations within the medical field where I could utilize my fine motor skills?

Thank you!

SparkleKitty

Reaction score

dienekes88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have very good fine motor skills, mostly due to my love for drawing. I am particularly good with illustrating extremely fine details. Could this be potentially helpful if I pursue surgery? Also, are there any there occupations within the medical field where I could utilize my fine motor skills?

Thank you!

Technical ability is only part of what it takes to be a surgeon. Having a good eye is more important for some specialties than for others.

Other occupations: medical illustrator. Good pictures are so important.

Reactions: 1 users

SparkleKitty

Reaction score
Technical ability is only part of what it takes to be a surgeon. Having a good eye is more important for some specialties than for others.

Other occupations: medical illustrator. Good pictures are so important.

I suppose I've never considered being a medical illustrator but that sounds SO COOL! Thank you for the suggestion, now I will have to look into it :)

ireason

Freshly squeezed. Not made from concentrate.
Reaction score
using your head is sometimes more important than being able to use your hands in surgery.