ARVO Abstract publication/citation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chargers09

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking at past years, the ARVO abstracts are usually published in IOVS in May or June. Does anyone know when they will be published this year? Trying to figure out how to cite my abstract for my application
 
"Accepted and published Abstracts"
"Poster Abstracts"
"Abstracts"

Also ARVO published the abstract in the program which you can find online. And then list D305 (or whatever your poster number was in ur citation).

Is that you're asking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
"Accepted and published Abstracts"
"Poster Abstracts"
"Abstracts"

Also ARVO published the abstract in the program which you can find online. And then list D305 (or whatever your poster number was in ur citation).

Is that you're asking?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

So that's kind of what I'm asking. On the ARVO website, they say to use this format for citations: "Abstracts for 2002 forward: (Roska BM, et al. IOVS 2002;43:ARVO E-Abstract 989)," which is straightforward enough, but they haven't actually published the abstracts in IOVS yet this year. I can find my abstract online in the pdf's for poster session, but it's not in IOVS yet (ie, not searchable). So, I'm kind of wondering if I should cite it as a poster at ARVO vs a published abstract in IOVS. I guess IOVS could publish them in the next month, making this all a little pointless, but I'm just trying to work on my app and thought I'd ask.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you need to list it as a poster vs published abstract? Why not make a the title of your section in research more vague: "abstracts and poster presentations" or "abstracts".
Everyone knows Arvo is real. You're not being dishonest. And you don't have to cite it that way. You can cite all your abstracts the same way for formatting purposes.

You're right this is kinda pointless. Do not waste your time on this. Waste time on personal statement and proofreading 😉


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app