As an Aud student from Europe, I am curious

Started by y_llorar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

y_llorar

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
Firstly, English is not my native language so I might make mistakes when I am writing, I am sorry for my mistakes in advance. 🙂

I am an audiology student from Europe( I do not want to say my country for special reasons) and in my country, audiology is a new field so a lot of people don't know about it. I want to know if audiology is popular in America and Canada. I mean, if you say "I'm studying audiology" will people understand what you will be doing when you graduate? And how is your working environment? Will students easily find a job after graduation?
Lastly, what do you think about salary for audiologist, is it low or so-so? I would appreciate if you can compare average expenses and salary income for me to have a better understanding.

I am curious because I heard these 2 country are the best in audiology field, but I want to hear what you would say. Thank you so much 🙂