As and A-s in all pre-reqs, B+s in upper levels

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freneticFil

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished junior year. My GPA is a 3.8+ but consists of As and A- in all pre-med pre-req courses, but B+s in most of the upper level sciences I've taken including courses for my chemistry major, etc. I know I need to improve that for senior year, but I'm quite frustrated since I did put in a lot of sacrifice and it seems like the grades are taking a hit, and I'm beginning to lose testing confidence. Not a good thing as I have the MCAT coming up soon. Does anyone have advice as to how to handle this issue as a rising senior, (planning on applying to MD with a gap year). I still have hopes that I could hit a T30 medical school, maybe somewhere along the east or west coasts.

Members don't see this ad.

I think there is no magic pill for you. Everything is pretty ordinary – make sure you pick best professors, devote enough time, and don't forget to relax. Study smarter, not harder, if you were able to maintain 3.8 throughout your college career, then you have all the necessary skills to succeed. Most people have test anxiety, in fact it indicates that you care about your grades, which is good. I hope you will overcome it.

Reactions: 1 user