ASCP weekend of path courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Path_Anon

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received an email from ASCP about such an event.

http://www.ascp.org/ASCPStore/Store/MeetingsConferences/Pathologist/WP09WNV.aspx

most importantly:
1) vegas (enough said)
2) only $99 for residents to attend
3) some solid lecturers lined up
4) vegas baby, vegas.

do folks (residents/others) actually attend these? I wonder what's the turn out like.

Members don't see this ad.

I think these are fairly popular. There are a lot of options though, USCAP also has offerings. Many pathology programs and state societies also offer them. I am not sure how popular they are for residents unless there is minimal travel involved. Many programs will not pay for this, or will lump reimbursement in with book funds, and many residents prefer to get books then spend $400 on a flight + $500 on two nights hotel, even if the conference is relatively inexpensive.

for only $99 i was gonna just pay out of pocket and save my reimbursement $ for uscap. the conference is at bally's, which right now is offering pretty cheap specials. flamingo next door is also pretty cheap. hopefully i find some cool residents there to checkout the nightscene in vegas.

for those of you making the trip to vegas next week for the ($99! resident) ASCP weekend of path... thought you might like this deal (AT the actual function hotel, mind you).

https://www.harrahs.com/MakeReservation.do?propCode=BLV&packageCode=IBSTS

I just helped someone book wed/thurs night for 89 total (after taxes) and also fri/sat for 100 total (after taxes) at bally's, great mid-strip location venue.

Note that you have to select Feb 18-20 and make a reservation, and then do it again with a new reservation for Feb 21-22. Somehow if you try Feb 18-22 you won't get the ridiculously low rate.

Anyone making the trip? (can PM me as well)