Asda Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Be positive

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Q.A mouth rinse contains 0.05%F ion.which of the following represents the concentration expressed as ppm F ion?

A.5
B.50
C.500
D.5000

Q.Which one of the following explains why the digestive action of salivary amylase continues for some time after swallowing?
A.gasric hcl increases the digestive action of amylase
B.gasric mucin lubricates the bolus n assists amylase activity
C.the amylase inside the bolus is protected from the inactivating action of gastric hcl
D.water absorption by stomach concentrates amylase n makes its action more effective
E.contractions of the stomach distribute amylase more evenly throughout the bolus

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Be positive
Can u please provide the answer choices for cytokines involved in bone resorption.

sorry I don't hav choices.This is from wiki.

Osteoclasts are regulated by several hormones, including parathyroid hormone (PTH) from the parathyroid gland, calcitonin from the thyroid gland, and growth factor interleukin 6 (IL-6). This last hormone, IL-6, is one of the factors in the disease osteoporosis, which is an imbalance between bone resorption and bone formation. Osteoclast activity is also mediated by the interaction of two molecules produced by osteoblasts, namely osteoprotegerin and RANK ligand. Note that these molecules also regulate differentiation of the osteoclast

can anyone pls explain

Q.The etiologic agents of which of the following diseases have NOT been cultivated on laboratory media?
-actinomycosis n yaws
-leprosy n syphilis
-gonorrhea n syphilis
-atypical pneumonia n malaria

thanks

one more Q.

Q.which of the following species is found consistently in saliva and oral soft tissues?

-strep.mutans
-strep.sanguis
-strep.pyogenes
-strep.salivarius

someone pls explain.thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
one more Q.

Q.which of the following species is found consistently in saliva and oral soft tissues?

-strep.mutans
-strep.sanguis
-strep.pyogenes
-strep.salivarius-answer

someone pls explain.thanks

plss corerect if wrong..

can anyone pls explain

Q.The etiologic agents of which of the following diseases have NOT been cultivated on laboratory media?
-actinomycosis n yaws
-leprosy n syphilis
-gonorrhea n syphilis
-atypical pneumonia n malaria

thanks

hey is the ans leprosy n syphilis?

external jugular vein follows course of which nerve?

Hi pbkal
yes that ans is correct,given in the key.bt i didn't understand the difference btn this and the more no. of strep. found in the oral cavity.
can u explain.....
thanks

strep.salivarius is more abundant in the saliva and dorsum of tongue....so,i think it shud be answer...
pls correct if wrong..

pls.. ans

Q.The preganglionic cell bodies of the parasympathetic portion of the ANS
are situated in....?

pls.. ans

Q.The preganglionic cell bodies of the parasympathetic portion of the ANS
are situated in....?
The parasympathetic divison has preganglionic cell bodies in the brainstem and in sacral segments 2, 3 and 4 of the spinal cord.

The fibers of cells in the brainstem are in the oculomotor (III), facial (VII), glossopharyngeal (IX), and vagus (X) nerves. They innervate smooth muscles of the eye (III), lacrimal and salivary glands (VII and IX), and smooth muscles of the thoracic and abdominal viscera (X).

The fibers arising from the sacral portion of the spinal cord run in the ventral roots of spinal nerves S2, 3 and 4. They enter the anterior primary rami of these nerves and travel in pelvic splanchnic nerves to reach the pelvic plexus and descending colon.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

some more Q

The submucosa of the anterolateral area of the hard palate is characterized by...

-serous glands only
-mucous '' ''
-mixed serous n mucous glands
-adipose tissue
-dense connective tissue

Epithelial cells of small intestine show surface modification known as

-stereocilia
-the ciliary border
-the sriated border
-the cuticular border
-none of the above

Thanks

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
some more Q

The submucosa of the anterolateral area of the hard palate is characterized by...

-serous glands only
-mucous '' ''
-adipose tissue-answer
-dense connective tissue

-stereocilia
-the ciliary border
-the sriated border
-the cuticular border
-none of the above-answer

Thanks
the small intestine has villi and microvilli.plss correct if wrong.

some more Q

-serous glands only
-mucous '' ''
-adipose tissue
-dense connective tissue

-stereocilia
-the ciliary border
-the sriated border
-the cuticular border
-none of the above

Thanks

some more Q

-serous glands only
-mucous '' ''
-adipose tissue
-dense connective tissue

-stereocilia
-the ciliary border
-the sriated border
-the cuticular border
-none of the above

Thanks

Key has given same answers.can u explain pls...

Key has given same answers.can u explain pls...

explanation for the second-
The predominant cell type of the epithelium is the enterocyte or absorptive cell. Each enterocyte has about 3000 microvilli at its luminal surface, which appear in the light microscope as the fuzzy striated border on the surface of the villi. [Electron microscopy: Microvilli are cylindrical protrusions, about 1 micrometer tall, of the cell membrane enclosing a core of filaments, mostly actin filaments. The actin filaments attach to the plasma membrane at the tip of the microvillus and end in the terminal web near the base of the microvillus. The terminal web consists of actin microfilaments and myosin, and is attached to the zonula adherens of the junctional complex binding epithelial cells to one another near their apical ends.]

asda 1999 q

To determine the bacteriological purity of the metropolitan water supplies,sanitary engineers routinely check the water for.......??

-E.coli
-salmonella
-giardia
-entamoeba
-shigella
Thanks
hey be positive I think the answer is the salmonella. Pls do correct me if wrong

explanation for the second-
The predominant cell type of the epithelium is the enterocyte or absorptive cell. Each enterocyte has about 3000 microvilli at its luminal surface, which appear in the light microscope as the fuzzy striated border on the surface of the villi. [Electron microscopy: Microvilli are cylindrical protrusions, about 1 micrometer tall, of the cell membrane enclosing a core of filaments, mostly actin filaments. The actin filaments attach to the plasma membrane at the tip of the microvillus and end in the terminal web near the base of the microvillus. The terminal web consists of actin microfilaments and myosin, and is attached to the zonula adherens of the junctional complex binding epithelial cells to one another near their apical ends.]
thank you pbkal for the answers. Since you say the microvilli appear as the striated border in the small intestine so the answer striated border or no?

thank you pbkal for the answers. Since you say the microvilli appear as the striated border in the small intestine so the answer striated border or no?

yess!!!!!!answer is straited border

Hi
Does anyone of you have ASDA N series question paper, If so could you plase posfirst five qs, or atleast let me know wheather it has testlets type qs. I am asking this because i just bought N series from someone on SDN and its looks fake it has no Ada written on anywahere. so i feel i have been fooled. so idont want more people to fall for this. Kindly help

anyone pls..
Qs from 1999 booklet

1.vasodilatation n inc permeability lasting for severaldays in an area of inflammation indicates

-thrombosis
-histamine
-hageman factor
-granulation tissue formation
-endothelialcell damage n disruption

2.massive necrotising lesions of the palate in Pt with poorly controlled DM are frequently related to

-mucormycosis
-blastomycosis
-histoplasmosis
-cryptococcosis
-coccidiomycosis

3.which one is characterized bythe red spots on the dorsal surface of the tongue?

-lymphatic nodules
-filiform papillae
-fungiform ''
-foliate ''

4.all are wrapped in the investing layer of the deep cervical fascia,
EXCEPT....

-trapezius
-SCM
-sternothyroid
-ant scalene
-omohyoid inf belly

5.striated ducts parotid gland lined by..............

6.in which of the following organelles are glycoproteins assembled for extracellular use?

-neurolemma
-polyribosomes
-golgi
-RER
-SER

Thanks in advance.:luck:

2.massive necrotising lesions of the palate in Pt with poorly controlled DM are frequently related to

-mucormycosis answer
-blastomycosis
-histoplasmosis
-cryptococcosis
-coccidiomycosis
correct me if it is wrong

3.which one is characterized bythe red spots on the dorsal surface of the tongue?

-lymphatic nodules
-filiform papillae
-fungiform ''answer
-foliate ''
since they say dorsal surface I assume they are scattered all over the tongue,so going with fungiform.correct me if am wrong

6.in which of the following organelles are glycoproteins assembled for extracellular use?

-neurolemma
-polyribosomes
-golgi
-RER
-SER

anyone pls..
Qs from 1999 booklet

1.vasodilatation n inc permeability lasting for severaldays in an area of inflammation indicates

-thrombosis
-histamine
-hageman factor
-granulation tissue formation
-endothelialcell damage n disruption-answer

-mucormycosis-answer
-blastomycosis
-histoplasmosis
-cryptococcosis
-coccidiomycosis

-lymphatic nodules
-filiform papillae
-fungiform ''-answer
-foliate ''

4.all are wrapped in the investing layer of the deep cervical fascia,
EXCEPT....

-trapezius
-SCM
-sternothyroid
-ant scalene
-omohyoid inf belly
infrahyoid muscles r enveloped in pretracheal layer.so,i think both sternothyroid and omohyoid shud be answers..

5.striated ducts parotid gland lined by..............-simple columnar

-neurolemma
-polyribosomes
-golgi-answer
-RER
-SER

Thanks in advance.:luck:[/QUOT

plss correct if wrong..

Hey pbkal, my answers for the above questions match with yours. But the papillae one, i thought it was the filiform which are more numerous (keratinized) in the dorsum of the tongue.

Also need help with these DA questions. Pls do solve them.
which of the following muscles has an important influence on the function of the mandible although it is not generally considered a muscle of mastication?
omohyoid
geniohyoid
mylohyoid
digastric
sternomastoid

in the primary molars, which portion of the crown is shorter occlusogingivally?
mesial
distal
midfacial
midlingual

On the crown of the mandibular first molar, the facial cusp ridge of the ML cusp originates at the cusp tip and normally terminates at which of the following?
lingual groove
halfway down the facial surface
halfway down the lingual surface
mesial portion of the central groove
mesiolingual occlusal point angle area

also need help with these da questions. Pls do solve them.
Which of the following muscles has an important influence on the function of the mandible although it is not generally considered a muscle of mastication?
Omohyoid
geniohyoid
mylohyoid
digastric-answer
sternomastoid

in the primary molars, which portion of the crown is shorter occlusogingivally?
Mesial
distal -answer
midfacial
midlingual

on the crown of the mandibular first molar, the facial cusp ridge of the ml cusp originates at the cusp tip and normally terminates at which of the following?
Lingual groove
halfway down the facial surface
halfway down the lingual surface
mesial portion of the central groove -answer
mesiolingual occlusal point angle area

plss correct if wrong..

thank you pbkal! so kind of you. Pls do keep the good work going
from the occlusal view, which of the following anatomical features are frequently found on both the primary maxillary first and second molars?
-4 cusps are evident
-oblique ridges are well developed
-the outline forms are rectangular in shape
-the crowns converge to the distal and lingual aspects
-marginal ridges are well developed

Which of the following muscles position the condyles in the most superior anterior position?
massetters and digastrics
" and medial pterygoids
temporalis and sternocleidomastoids
" and superior lateral pterygoids
medial pterygoids and sternomastoids

thank you pbkal! so kind of you. Pls do keep the good work going
from the occlusal view, which of the following anatomical features are frequently found on both the primary maxillary first and second molars?
-4 cusps are evident
-oblique ridges are well developed
-the outline forms are rectangular in shape
-the crowns converge to the distal and lingual aspects
-marginal ridges are well developed-answer

Which of the following muscles position the condyles in the most superior anterior position?
massetters and digastrics
" and medial pterygoids-answer
temporalis and sternocleidomastoids
" and superior lateral pterygoids
medial pterygoids and sternomastoids

pls ans..

viewed from the occlusal, the basic coronal outline of the Man 2nd PM is

-rectangular
-rhomboidal
-triangular
-square

thanks

pls ans..

viewed from the occlusal, the basic coronal outline of the Man 2nd PM is

-rectangular
-rhomboidal
-triangular
-square

thanks
i guess its square , thats what the key says if am not wrong .

Hey how do u get these various occlusal outlines of all teeth ?
please let me know if it given in a tabular format anywhere ?

i guess its square , thats what the key says if am not wrong .

Hey how do u get these various occlusal outlines of all teeth ?
please let me know if it given in a tabular format anywhere ?

yes,acc. to key it is the answer.bt there is a table in kaplan.In that it says diamond(ovoid) for mandibular 2nd PM.any way thanks for conforming.

but its the square and I did refer wheelers. Pls do solve the questions below.I'm dying to l know the answers. Thank you.
1.When viewed from the frontal plane and progressing posteriorly, the axial inclination of the crowns of maxillary posterior teeth
remains vertical
inclines lingually

inclines distally
inclines mesially
inclines buccally

2.when viewed from the saggital plane nd progressing anteriorly, the axial inclination of the anterior teeth
remains vertical
inclines facially
inclines mesially
inclines distally
inclines lingually

3.on the crown of the mandibular canine, the general convexity is normally not so great as thatof which of the following teeth?
maxillary canine
maxillary incisors
mandi incisors
maxillary premolars
mandibular "

4.the incisal embrasure is the smallest btwn of the following two teeth?
maxillary central incisors
mandi " "
maxi central and lateral incisors
mandibular lateral and central incisors

5.which of the following represents the groove on the occlusal surface of the maxillary premolars that originates in the mesial pit and extends toward the MB line angles?
Central
MB secondary
MB triangular
ML triangular
mesial marginal

6.which portion of the maxillary canine might one expect to find the widest faciolingual measurement of its pulp?
Apical third of root
incisal third of root
middle third of root
cervical third of root

.When viewed from the frontal plane and progressing posteriorly, the axial inclination of the crowns of maxillary posterior teeth
remains vertical

inclines lingually
inclines distally
inclines mesially
inclines buccally

2.when viewed from the saggital plane nd progressing anteriorly, the axial inclination of the anterior teeth
remains vertical
inclines facially
inclines mesially
inclines distally
inclines lingually

3.on the crown of the mandibular canine, the general convexity is normally not so great as thatof which of the following teeth?
maxillary canine
maxillary incisors
mandi incisors
maxillary premolars
mandibular "

mandi " "

5.which of the following represents the groove on the occlusal surface of the maxillary premolars that originates in the mesial pit and extends toward the MB line angles?
Central
MB secondary
MB triangular
ML triangular
mesial marginal

6.which portion of the maxillary canine might one expect to find the widest faciolingual measurement of its pulp?
Apical third of root
incisal third of root
middle third of root
cervical third of root

user_offline.gif

Can anyone help me understand this answer?

105) A person is playing tennis in a dry climate in which the temp is 110 degrees F. most of this person's heat loss occurs by
a. alteration in hypothalamic setpoint
b. enhanced baroreceptor activity
c. enhanced sympathetic activity
d enhanced parasympathetic activity

the answer is C! But that would cause vasoconstriction wouldn't it? and that is the main action during THE COLD to retain heat right?

please help!

Can anyone help me understand this answer?

105) A person is playing tennis in a dry climate in which the temp is 110 degrees F. most of this person's heat loss occurs by
a. alteration in hypothalamic setpoint
b. enhanced baroreceptor activity
c. enhanced sympathetic activity
d enhanced parasympathetic activity

the answer is C! But that would cause vasoconstriction wouldn't it? and that is the main action during THE COLD to retain heat right?

please help!

sympathetics act on eccrine sweat glands which help in thermoregulation

but its the square and I did refer wheelers. Pls do solve the questions below.I'm dying to l know the answers. Thank you.
1.When viewed from the frontal plane and progressing posteriorly, the axial inclination of the crowns of maxillary posterior teeth
remains vertical
inclines lingually

inclines distally
inclines mesially
inclines buccally
im not sure, could also be distally...i can't remember what the old papers say

remains vertical
inclines facially based on old asda papers
inclines mesially
inclines distally
inclines lingually

maxillary canine they are def more convex than mand canines...but im not sure. dont think i saw this exact question in papers before
maxillary incisors
mandi incisors
maxillary premolars
mandibular "

mandi " " definitely

Central
MB secondary
MB triangular my best guess, not sure
ML triangular
mesial marginal

Apical third of root
incisal third of root
middle third of root
cervical third of root
its conical!

thank you spazzing! I have a problem in understanding the saggital and frontal plane questions like the one below:
When viewed from the frontal plane and progressing posteriorly, the axial inclination of the crowns of maxillary posterior teeth
Cn someone pls help to understand this. Thank you.

yes,acc. to key it is the answer.bt there is a table in kaplan.In that it says diamond(ovoid) for mandibular 2nd PM.any way thanks for conforming.

That way if u go through kaplan , you'll realise, there are two thing one is occlusal outline and another occlusal shape, which it mentions ( i dunno what that is supposed to mean) and also what e'er it enlists in the table , contradicts the text . GOD help us!

thank you spazzing! I have a problem in understanding the saggital and frontal plane questions like the one below:
When viewed from the frontal plane and progressing posteriorly, the axial inclination of the crowns of maxillary posterior teeth
Cn someone pls help to understand this. Thank you.

So I am having a lot of trouble with this concept also. At first it was OK, because generally speaking I know which was the teeth are tilted (posterior max is facial and distal, mandibular posteriors go mesial and lingual). If you know how to setup teeth for a denture you know what this is talking about, the way you make the curve of spee and wilson with the max teeth and then the mandibular teeth follow in the opposite direction...right?

But then, they will throw in both Mesial and lingual for mandibular inclination as two separate options and i get lost! My newest theory is that the curve of spee is ANTEROPOSTERIOR (saggital plane?) and that the curve of wilson is mediallaterial (frontal plane?). Maybe they are just splitting up the curves, in which case saggital plane would show M/D inclination and the frontal plane would show facio/lingual inclinations?

i am just struggling with this too, please ANYONE let me know if i am at all logical here!

So I am having a lot of trouble with this concept also. At first it was OK, because generally speaking I know which was the teeth are tilted (posterior max is facial and distal, mandibular posteriors go mesial and lingual). If you know how to setup teeth for a denture you know what this is talking about, the way you make the curve of spee and wilson with the max teeth and then the mandibular teeth follow in the opposite direction...right?

But then, they will throw in both Mesial and lingual for mandibular inclination as two separate options and i get lost! My newest theory is that the curve of spee is ANTEROPOSTERIOR (saggital plane?) and that the curve of wilson is mediallaterial (frontal plane?). Maybe they are just splitting up the curves, in which case saggital plane would show M/D inclination and the frontal plane would show facio/lingual inclinations?

i am just struggling with this too, please ANYONE let me know if i am at all logical here!
hey spazzing pal,
thank you for helpin me around. so nice of you. i think anteroposterior is the saggital and mediolateral is the frontal is the only way to understan this rt? I will try to solve the questions using this concept.

Anyone pls refer n explain, DA- 2nd question from 1980 asda/ booklet D.

Thank u.
hey be positive,
I think the answer for that is the left lateral non-workin. Since the mesiolingual movement is shown in the diagram, it would be the non workin. I hope it helps.

)The facial surfaces of mand molars compared with the anterior border of the ascending ramus are located
a)medial to the border
b)lateral to the border
c)continuous with the border

i saw this q in another thread..and someone said ans is option a..pls can someone confirm.