ASDOH Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Do you think there will still be more acceptances today even though they accepted people on Wednesday?
Looks like the official wave of acceptances was Wednesday. I think it is safe to assume everyone else is waitlisted. I recently found out it is not a ranked list and that the admission board actually meets weekly to decide who is going to take the spot of someone who rejected their acceptance. Starting to lose hope as I interviewed so long ago but I guess it's all a good learning experience! Extremely demotivating and disappointing. It is also getting increasingly difficult to stay positive. I wish more people were open about the the emotional toll this whole process takes on applicants!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I haven’t gotten a waitlist email, is it safe to assume that I got rejected?

If I haven’t gotten a waitlist email, is it safe to assume that I got rejected?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but last year I was in the same boat and did not receive an email about my status until 4/22 - I was rejected but added to an "alternate" list that was pretty much the waitlist for the waitlist. While things may change for this year, if you haven't heard anything back yet you are probably in the same position as I was last year. I also did just get my waitlist email today so I wouldn't completely cut yourself out just yet.

I wish you the best this year!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but last year I was in the same boat and did not receive an email about my status until 4/22 - I was rejected but added to an "alternate" list that was pretty much the waitlist for the waitlist. While things may change for this year, if you haven't heard anything back yet you are probably in the same position as I was last year. I also did just get my waitlist email today so I wouldn't completely cut yourself out just yet.

I wish you the best this year!!
Thank you for being honest! When did you receive your waitlist email? I’m really not familiar with the alternate list at all. Doesnt make sense to me to have a waitlist for the waitlist since not everyone from the waitlist even gets in. I’m still crossing my fingers and hoping for the best but it’s really not looking great :/

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for being honest! When did you receive your waitlist email? I’m really not familiar with the alternate list at all. Doesnt make sense to me to have a waitlist for the waitlist since not everyone from the waitlist even gets in. I’m still crossing my fingers and hoping for the best but it’s really not looking great :/
I know the feeling unfortunately :( I received the waitlist email first thing this morning (8AM MST). To me, the "alternate" list is just a step above rejecting someone. However, this year I did have an early interview invite following up last year's result, so this must mean something more than a simple rejection, I would suggest you reapply early this next go-around! I am sure they will look favorably on your app!

Reactions: 1 users
I know the feeling unfortunately :( I received the waitlist email first thing this morning (8AM MST). To me, the "alternate" list is just a step above rejecting someone. However, this year I did have an early interview invite following up last year's result, so this must mean something more than a simple rejection, I would suggest you reapply early this next go-around! I am sure they will look favorably on your app!
Weirdly enough I actually interviewed pretty early. I think I was the first round of interviews in august. After meeting with Azra a few weeks ago, she told me one part of my interview was weaker and not necessarily my stats. I also just had a quick call with her and she told me the rejections and the 1st wave of waitlist are out. There is another wave of waitlist after March 14th. Apparently no ranking either so wave 1 and 2 waitlists will be bundled together. I guess anyone that is waiting to hear back - you’re on the waitlist and now all we can do is hope for the best! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! I’ll be turning down my acceptance for a different program. It was a tough decision, however I’m very fortunate to have been accepted elsewhere. Really hope the seat goes to one of you deserving applicants! Best of luck :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys I will be turning down my acceptance to the program. Hope the seat goes to one of y'all. Good Luck

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Since some are turning down their acceptance, does anyone know when those of us on the waitlist will be notified of a possible acceptance?

Has anyone been accepted or gotten another waitlist email yet since the last wave?

Has anyone been accepted or gotten another waitlist email yet since the last wave?
It is weird that Azra told me (verbally) 3 weeks ago that I am waitlisted but she hasn't sent me the email yet, is this normal? I'm having a hard time reaching her and I don't know what to do

It is weird that Azra told me (verbally) 3 weeks ago that I am waitlisted but she hasn't sent me the email yet, is this normal? I'm having a hard time reaching her and I don't know what to do
You may be on the second wave of waitlists. She also told me a few weeks ago (verbally) that I was on the second wave and that both lists would be combined and unranked. So they’ll look at both lists equally essentially. That’s pretty much all she told me and said that the first list’s due date was march 14th so to expect an email soon after.

You may be on the second wave of waitlists. She also told me a few weeks ago (verbally) that I was on the second wave and that both lists would be combined and unranked. So they’ll look at both lists equally essentially. That’s pretty much all she told me and said that the first list’s due date was march 14th so to expect an email soon after.
Oh that makes sense, thank you so much!!!

Has anyone heard anything from the waitlist ? About movement? Or gotten an acceptance call?

Has anyone heard anything from the waitlist ? About movement? Or gotten an acceptance call?
Hey! I got a call on Tuesday with an acceptance. I'm not sure if that helps

Accepted from waitlist via phone call this morning!

Accepted from waitlist via phone call this morning!

Were you on the first wave of waitlists? Did you by chance recieve any email from Rachel asking if you were still interested in your waitlist spot?

Hello everyone, I just gave up my seat! I hope one of you guys who is waitlisted gets accepted ASAP! Best of luck to all of you ☺️!

Havent heard anythign recently, anyone aware of any movement on the first wave of waitlists?

Does anyone know if theres been movement on the waitlist?

Has anyone heard anything of movement since the last time in April?

Has anyone heard anything of movement since the last time in April?
I have not but I was told by a friend who is an alum there that waitlist movement is in dead water for the school late april through May. But has some momentum in June. Will there be lots of movement? Probably not but there should be a few spots at least.

I have not but I was told by a friend who is an alum there that waitlist movement is in dead water for the school late april through May. But has some momentum in June. Will there be lots of movement? Probably not but there should be a few spots at least.
Thank you for that, been on the waitlist since feb 28 (first wave) been emailing rachel stice back and forth every week with updates and interest. Just hoping for the best at this point, while completing the new app 😅

Thank you for that, been on the waitlist since feb 28 (first wave) been emailing rachel stice back and forth every week with updates and interest. Just hoping for the best at this point, while completing the new app 😅
Hi I am currently on the waitlist, and after reading your comment I was wondering if you could give me some advice