Ask any questions to a Navy Dentist!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks vellnueve!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently serving my 8th year enlisted in the Navy, and I'm highly considering going into the dental program. I am an ABE that works in the aviation field. What would be the steps of applying and going through the dental program, and getting commissioned?

If you have a college degree already you can apply to a dental school, but you need to make sure that your prerequisites are done. If not, you need to do that first (I hope you have been taking advantage of all the opportunities that the Navy offers for getting college credits). Generally, I believe people separate/go IRR and then do school, then come back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to hear about the transition from military practice to civilian/private practice. My main concern will the quality of my skills or maybe lack of? Will my skills lessen during my time in the military? With little exposure to a variety of cases?

If you chose an overseas operational tour, can you expect to be deployed from that overseas base to a war zone, or are you there for entirety the 2-3 years?

Also, if I was taking a 3 yr HSCP, could I combine my credentialing tour with being stationed there and bring dependents for the whole 3 years?

If you chose an overseas operational tour, can you expect to be deployed from that overseas base to a war zone, or are you there for entirety the 2-3 years?

Also, if I was taking a 3 yr HSCP, could I combine my credentialing tour with being stationed there and bring dependents for the whole 3 years?

It's difficult to get a deployment to Afghanistan right now, there are plenty of people wanting to go and not enough billets. If you're stationed overseas in Japan with your dependents that would be three years - same with Guam, and you would most likely not be deployed further from there unless your orders are to one of the forward deployed ships out there (carrier, amphib, sub tender).

They're not going to let you take the credentialing tour and then stay there - the whole reason that they are giving you financial support for school is because they need you for operational billets. Your family could stay at the credentialing location but you would most likely not.

It's difficult to get a deployment to Afghanistan right now, there are plenty of people wanting to go and not enough billets. If you're stationed overseas in Japan with your dependents that would be three years - same with Guam, and you would most likely not be deployed further from there unless your orders are to one of the forward deployed ships out there (carrier, amphib, sub tender).

They're not going to let you take the credentialing tour and then stay there - the whole reason that they are giving you financial support for school is because they need you for operational billets. Your family could stay at the credentialing location but you would most likely not.

So no new LTs from 3rd Dental Battalion are currently being deployed from Okinawa to CENTCOM?

I am a practicing general dentist, 20 years. I am 51 y/o. Former enlisted Air Force Medic, 4 years. Tired of private practice. I'll be putting my practice up for sale in the next month or two. Meanwhile, I am actively pursuing a commission in the Navy Reserve. I have most of my paperwork done. Physical is done, passed. Lost 20 pounds but want to lose 10 more. Based on the tape I am in standards but I'd like to get down to the maximum weight, 216. Running 2-3 miles 6 days a week. I'm in great shape. So I am ready.
I would have done this 11 years ago (right after 9/11) but I had a mammoth sized practice loan to pay off and deployment was not an option.
My question is can I go active from the reserves? Can I do more than 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a summer? I still need to earn a living so I can't retire and frankly I don't want to.
I was told 11 years ago I'd go in as an O-4. But the PA that did my physical suggested that O-3 might be better so I don't go up-and-out due to the way promotions work. Any insight? My recruiter also suggested that.
I was also told by my recruiter that I couldn't retire from the Navy because of my age but I have read that 68 y/o is the absolute cutoff for physicians and dentists. Any insight into that?
Thanks

Last edited:
I am a high school Jr., top 10% of my class and preparing for college applications with the eventual goal of becoming a dentist. I'm considering going into the Navy as one possible route. If I go through NROTC program in college then move into the HPSP program for dental school will my commitment to military service be the 5 years for college plus one year for each year of dental school (ie; 9 years service after dental school)? Also, if you go NROTC program can you go straight into dental school or do you have to serve your 5 year commitment first.

Thanks for any insight.

I have a quick question for you. I am a current second year dental student and am very interested in a serving in the Navy. I was just wondering what opportunities are available for a student like me? Is there something available during school or would I be better off applying as a licensed dentist?

Thanks for your help!

I have a quick question for you. I am a current second year dental student and am very interested in a serving in the Navy. I was just wondering what opportunities are available for a student like me? Is there something available during school or would I be better off applying as a licensed dentist?

Thanks for your help!

I would apply while you're in school if your tuition is high. If not, I would apply for the FPLRP and go in via direct accessions that way you would be making just as much as me coming out and you would get the loan repayment. Talk to a recruiter ASAP about all your options! If your tuition is lower (i.e. in state school) I would talk to him/her about the Health Services Collegiate Program...this allows you to get full active duty pay while in school and when you get out you would have prior years in service and get more money than me. I also believe that you can still qualify for the FPLRP...but i'm not 100% on that.

I owe over 200K in student loans :eek:
What is the maximum student loan payback for active duty (I plan to be in for 5+ years)?

Members don't see this ad :)
I owe over 200K in student loans :eek:
What is the maximum student loan payback for active duty (I plan to be in for 5+ years)?

The Navy HPLRP give you about 40k a year towards your loans, minus 25% for taxes for each year you serve active duty. As far as I understand it, there is not a set maximum number of years you can do this...but it's for your professional school only, not for basic college.

here is the link:
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navmedmpte/accessions/Documents/ASD(HA) Policy 08-006 - HPLRP.pdf

Hi I had a quick question for you: I recently got into the HPSP program and was commissioned my first semester of dental school. While you were in dental school, did the Navy require anything beyond passing your Boards and classes? My recruiter looked into it for me and said those were the only two requirements, I went over my contracts to confirm the same, however I've been told by previous HPSP scholars that you need to maintain a 3.0 while in dental school. Is this true? Would be great to clarify the conflicting informations

Hi I had a quick question for you: I recently got into the HPSP program and was commissioned my first semester of dental school. While you were in dental school, did the Navy require anything beyond passing your Boards and classes? My recruiter looked into it for me and said those were the only two requirements, I went over my contracts to confirm the same, however I've been told by previous HPSP scholars that you need to maintain a 3.0 while in dental school. Is this true? Would be great to clarify the conflicting informations

I'm current HSCP, and I have to keep a 2.5 (it's in my contract).

The Navy HPLRP give you about 40k a year towards your loans, minus 25% for taxes for each year you serve active duty. As far as I understand it, there is not a set maximum number of years you can do this...but it's for your professional school only, not for basic college.

here is the link:
http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/navmedmpte/accessions/Documents/ASD(HA) Policy 08-006 - HPLRP.pdf

So I looked into this further... seems that there is a cap on the amount of money they will give you for your loan repayments...if you go active duty with the HPLRP you can get a maximum of 120k. If you go reserve you can get a maximum of 250k in loan repayments.

I'm in the HPSP and there is no requirement for GPA. You just have to pass your classes and boards.

Assuming you have no prior service or private practice experience and are coming in as a brand new general dentist out of school, with no wife or kids, you are looking at $3771 per month base pay, $230 monthly nontaxable basic allowance for subsistence, a nontaxable basic allowance for housing monthly (can range from $1000-3000 depending on where you're stationed, SWAG at an average is probably 1400-1700). That's the same across the board for all O-3s.

If you get your state license (GET IT!!! - DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF NOT TAKING A LICENSING EXAM!), you are then looking at the new consolidated special pay plan of $20K a year paid in equal monthly installments ($1666.67 per month). This is taxable. I do not know if they are still offering the legacy ASP/VSP pay plan to new accessions.

Is that special pay plan in addition to the monthly base pay?

I just got accepted to UDM and I'm seriously considering doing HPSP with Navy. I skimmed through most of this forum, but I still have some questions. It'll be great if someone can clarify them for me. :)

1. I think I read somewhere that if you don't do GPR or AEGD, you'll be stuck with mostly exams and amalgams or other more basic procedures for a long time. Is there any truth to that? Can someone share their experience right out of dental school?

2. Basically, I want to go to Japan. (Actually anywhere oversea would be pretty exciting, but I saw somewhere that it's impossible to get Spain or London right after dental school.) Can someone comment on the Navy stations in Japan? Like what type of procedures they would do, the life style, if they have time to travel, etc? Anything is appreciated. :)

3. What is life on a ship like? How many people do you share a room with? What about bathroom/shower? What do you do in your free time? And, while I don't think it's possible, is there internet?!

4. I am a little fuzzy on the definition of deployment. My impression from reading previous posts is that you are "deployed" if you're assigned to a ship or a station oversea. If you're assigned to a ship, then you'll be on the ocean whenever the ship is. But what about oversea? Would you still spend time on a ship? I'm sorry if I'm getting this all wrong. I'm really confused about this part.

5. Just out of curiosity, what percentage of Navy dentists are female? Do I have to be like Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica?

Thanks in advance :)

Answered below - my opinions, others may have differing viewpoints.

I just got accepted to UDM and I'm seriously considering doing HPSP with Navy. I skimmed through most of this forum, but I still have some questions. It'll be great if someone can clarify them for me. :)

1. I think I read somewhere that if you don't do GPR or AEGD, you'll be stuck with mostly exams and amalgams or other more basic procedures for a long time. Is there any truth to that? Can someone share their experience right out of dental school?

You'll do a credentialing year where you'll get rotated through specialties like endo, perio, and oral surgery - but exams and operative are the focus for the Navy general dentist. As a credentialer you are less likely to get a one-holer or isolated billet versus an AEGD or GPR resident.

2. Basically, I want to go to Japan. (Actually anywhere oversea would be pretty exciting, but I saw somewhere that it's impossible to get Spain or London right after dental school.) Can someone comment on the Navy stations in Japan? Like what type of procedures they would do, the life style, if they have time to travel, etc? Anything is appreciated. :)

Japan is the most likely overseas destination for someone just out of credentialing - and I know at least one person who is currently doing their credentialing year in Japan. Other overseas destinations for the first tour LT include Bahrain, Diego Garcia, Guam.

3. What is life on a ship like? How many people do you share a room with? What about bathroom/shower? What do you do in your free time? And, while I don't think it's possible, is there internet?!

For a new LT you'd be looking at 0-5 roommates depending on the class of ship. Common bathrooms and showers (seperated by gender, of course) sort of like a college dorm. There is internet but it is quite slow and at times will be shut down for operational reasons.

4. I am a little fuzzy on the definition of deployment. My impression from reading previous posts is that you are "deployed" if you're assigned to a ship or a station oversea. If you're assigned to a ship, then you'll be on the ocean whenever the ship is. But what about oversea? Would you still spend time on a ship? I'm sorry if I'm getting this all wrong. I'm really confused about this part.

Deployment is when a ship or other unit leaves its home port and goes to forward locations, showing the flag, doing exercises, etc. They last 6-10 months depending on the ship and operational needs. Overseas duty is different - unless you're assigned to a ship homeported overseas you'll be on a shore base. A few places (like Diego Garcia) are shore clinics but is widely considered to be sea duty.

5. Just out of curiosity, what percentage of Navy dentists are female? Do I have to be like Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica?

Female Navy dentists are in the minority but there are plenty of them out there, including the current Dental Corps chief. You don't have to be an ass-kicking badass.

Thanks in advance :)

From what I have seen so far there is no difference in scope of practice between LT's that did credentialing or AEGD. Both are bottom of totem pole, and at my clinic there are several LT's that did AEGD's and they are treated no differently. AEGD/GPR is not required for a one-holer. What's required for a one holer is your command vouching for you to the detailer.

Reactions: 1 user
Can you provide input on the main differences between HPSP or HSCP and which would be best for a 1st year dental student? Also, is the max age to apply for these scholarships 36 or 38? Thanks.

vellnueve and tingting, thanks for the great response. I just have some more questions that popped into my mind if you don't mind answering them as well. :)

I want to know a bit more about the specifics of the life on a ship. For example, what is the clinical environment like and what kind of dentistry do you do? Do you get lots of patients? How many other dentists are usually there with you? Do you get assistants? Also, what do you do/where would you go for fun? Do you ever find in insufferable on the ship? How often and how long do you stop at ports? Do you usually get to travel around the area? And lastly, might be a weird question, but how clean are the bathrooms? :D

I finally understand deployment now! But I am still a little confused about the oversea part. Can you explain the oversea duty from the start? Basically, what options do I have if I want to go to Japan and what type of environment would I be working in? (In the clinic at the base, on a ship, somewhere else? This just popped into my mind: If you're assigned to a ship and it's docked at its home port, do you still work on the ship?)

And when you're oversea, how often do you get to come back to the States? Can you go to other countries during your time off? Or are there restrictions about that?

On a broader term, can you list some differences between military dentistry and dentistry in the civilian world? Other than having to get up early (7-4), wear uniform (or do you?), and do administrative tasks when you're told to, how is being a Navy dentist different from, say, working in a dental practice that's opened from 7-4 in practical terms?

I know there are a lot of questions, and I really appreciate any answers. Right now, I think my view on navy might be too romantic. I like the prospect of practicing dentistry while seeing the world. I want to construct a more realistic idea of what my life as a navy dentist would be like before I make the decision.

I'm not a ship dentist, I'm just giving feedback on what I hear from my colleagues - my actual experience with underway dentistry amounts to only a few days. However, to answer some of your questions - Aircraft carriers have five dentists, including three general dentists, a senior comprehensive, general, prosth, or operative dentist, and an oral surgeon. The amphibious assault ships (LSDs, LPDs, LHAs, LHDs, LCCs) have one dentist apiece although they may be augmented by a green side dentist if Marines are embarked. The one sub tender that still has dentists has three dentists IIRC. There is at least one assistant per dentist (we called them "dental technicians") on the ships whether it is a carrier or an amphib and usually a few extra corpsmen/techs doing other jobs in the department who can do chairside if necessary. The larger amphibs and the carriers also have a hygenist. For more details on ship life, I'd wait for input from others. If the ship is in port you'll still work on the ship unless it is in dry dock, then you may be moved to a local clinic or a mobile unit while the ship is undergoing repairs.

There are several ships with dental departments based in Japan - if you get orders to one of those ships you will be working on that ship - otherwise if you get stationed in Japan you'll be in a shore clinic. We have dental clinics at many bases including Atsugi, USNH Yokosuka, and Sasebo, and green-side Marine clinics all over Okinawa and at Iwakuni as well. Other than those, your only other real overseas options as a new dentist would be Bahrain or Diego Garcia (both 1-year tours as opposed to the others which are 2-3 years depending on your m arital status) - the European destinations are reserved for people with more experience. In terms of leave, you earn 30 days of leave per year and if you have it, you can use it. You can go to other countries but would have to go through some red tape (it seems like a lot but it doesn't stop most people from going places)

As I am not a civilian dentist I can't give that many specifics. Yes, you wear a uniform although clinical Navy dentists probably spend less time in their uniforms than any other group in the Navy as scrubs are the normal working attire. There are plenty of administrative tasks especially if you are running a division or department, but this varies based on where you are and how much responsibility you are given. The pace of work is generally slower (although you can control that) and you have to adapt your dentistry to fit operational requirements at times. You may be on a carrier where there are over 6000 people in the strike group, or you may be on an amphibious ship with 400 crewmembers - so your workload can vary widely.

Is it too late to apply for NAVY HPSP? I just got accepted and I really want to apply. I know its a long process. Is it worth it at this point? When do the scholarships usually fill up?

thanks

Just wondering if it is common knowledge how many HPSP scholarships are left for 2017 graduates through the Navy? I am just starting the application process but I will be able to move quite quickly through it as I have all my medical documentation already and have talked to a recruiter and processer already.

I heard somewhere it is 200 per year. How many are left for 2017? Is there any way to know?

how many would you say there are per year then? thats just a number that I heard

Last year there were about 65 4 yr Navy HPSPs

After literally reading every post in this forum, I am so glad to have caught up. Thank you everyone for contributing!

To answer recent previous posts, my recruiter told me the board will take 80 applications (first come first serve) and then pick 65 recipients for HPSP from those 80. Not sure how HSCP will go down.

A scenario someone will hopefully answer for me:

I am deciding between UOP and UCLA through HPSP... My plan is to be a general dentist and not specialize (that could change of course). I will probably go to UOP since I could do a 3 year HPSP payback, but earlier in the forum someone asked about doing HSCP and then taking a GI Bill to pay back what isn't covered by the basic pay while you are in dental school and on AD since it can be taken after 90 days of AD... Is that seriously feasible? I am not sure if I will make a career out of the Navy since I have to try it first, but I'm not shutting it out as an option, which is why an HSCP option seems reasonable, and a great start to a Navy career. However, if this is the case, I might be better off trying my luck at UCLA, right? The difference between these schools is probably around $100k. Also, I love both of these schools so that part is not a huge deciding factor :)

If anyone could shed some light on my situation that would be great and much appreciated, thank you!

After literally reading every post in this forum, I am so glad to have caught up. Thank you everyone for contributing!

To answer recent previous posts, my recruiter told me the board will take 80 applications (first come first serve) and then pick 65 recipients for HPSP from those 80. Not sure how HSCP will go down.

A scenario someone will hopefully answer for me:

I am deciding between UOP and UCLA through HPSP... My plan is to be a general dentist and not specialize (that could change of course). I will probably go to UOP since I could do a 3 year HPSP payback, but earlier in the forum someone asked about doing HSCP and then taking a GI Bill to pay back what isn't covered by the basic pay while you are in dental school and on AD since it can be taken after 90 days of AD... Is that seriously feasible? I am not sure if I will make a career out of the Navy since I have to try it first, but I'm not shutting it out as an option, which is why an HSCP option seems reasonable, and a great start to a Navy career. However, if this is the case, I might be better off trying my luck at UCLA, right? The difference between these schools is probably around $100k. Also, I love both of these schools so that part is not a huge deciding factor :)

If anyone could shed some light on my situation that would be great and much appreciated, thank you!
It is my understanding that the HSCP would be a good choice for a state school like UCLA and the HPSP is better for a private school like UOP. Also, I really don't think you would be able to get 90 of AD in while attending dental school.

In regards to your school choices, I am a UCLA Dental grad and really appreciated the fact that it was a pass no pass grading system. Of course, UOP is only three years and creates great clinicians.

It is my understanding that the HSCP would be a good choice for a state school like UCLA and the HPSP is better for a private school like UOP. Also, I really don't think you would be able to get 90 of AD in while attending dental school.

In regards to your school choices, I am a UCLA Dental grad and really appreciated the fact that it was a pass no pass grading system. Of course, UOP is only three years and creates great clinicians.

I disagree with you endo97. I looked at theoverall costs of attending UCLA dental. The HPSP is still the best option for UCLA. It takes attending low cost state schools like the TExas schools, not just a state school, to make the HSCP the better option. Now, there exceptions, but in this case the HPSP is the best option whether it be UOP or UCLA.

I disagree with you endo97. I looked at theoverall costs of attending UCLA dental. The HPSP is still the best option for UCLA. It takes attending low cost state schools like the TExas schools, not just a state school, to make the HSCP the better option. Now, there exceptions, but in this case the HPSP is the best option whether it be UOP or UCLA.
NAVY DDS 201, I should clarify, I was just stating that generally HSCP would be a better choice for a state school over a private school if scvpredent wanted to go the HSCP route. However, I would agree that HPSP is generally a better financial choice for both UOP and UCLA.

NAVY DDS 201, I should clarify, I was just stating that generally HSCP would be a better choice for a state school over a private school if scvpredent wanted to go the HSCP route. However, I would agree that HPSP is generally a better financial choice for both UOP and UCLA.

The only reason I wanted to point this out to you is because you specifically said it was your understanding that the HSCP would be good for a state school like UCLA. In a lot of cases, this is very much an incorrect statement. I was on the HSCP in dental school and did an indepth financial analysis for quite a few people here on SDN regarding which option would be best for them to include monetary benefits, health care benefits, retirement benefits, etc. For most people who get accepted into one of these programs, the HSCP is really the best option only at low cost state schools which UCLA is not. I could go into scenerios where the HSCP would be better for higher cost state schools, but that would take too much time and affects very few people.

You would hit the 90 day AD mark two years into school (each year you receive 45 days of AD for training, which, according to what I've been told by NAVMED counts.) This is for the HPSP. HSCP you're already active duty. I know of a guy that is on the HSCP and is capitalizing on the GI bill as well.

I am not sure if you accrue any AD time during dental school. There have been a lot of confusion among HPSP people about this. It is a Dod policy that HPSP participants to be activated for 45 days a year to keep the status afloat, but the time "served" would not count toward a higher pay or retirement. So you graduate d school with 0 time served. Occasionally the DFAS messes it up and pay more than it should have, but it will incur backpay to govt later.

I am not sure if you accrue any AD time during dental school. There have been a lot of confusion among HPSP people about this. It is a Dod policy that HPSP participants to be activated for 45 days a year to keep the status afloat, but the time "served" would not count toward a higher pay or retirement. So you graduate d school with 0 time served. Occasionally the DFAS messes it up and pay more than it should have, but it will incur backpay to govt later.

This is correct.

So is that last part - but that's a story that's best left untold.

The only reason I wanted to point this out to you is because you specifically said it was your understanding that the HSCP would be good for a state school like UCLA. In a lot of cases, this is very much an incorrect statement. I was on the HSCP in dental school and did an indepth financial analysis for quite a few people here on SDN regarding which option would be best for them to include monetary benefits, health care benefits, retirement benefits, etc. For most people who get accepted into one of these programs, the HSCP is really the best option only at low cost state schools which UCLA is not. I could go into scenerios where the HSCP would be better for higher cost state schools, but that would take too much time and affects very few people.

I spoke to my recruiter and apparently the Board will meet Jan 23 or somewhere around there and they're looking for 62 people. They only have like 35 applications as of 1/8 and 1/9 was the submission cutoff for this first round...the reason the number dropped so low is because I guess they kicked out the applicants who haven't received an acceptance letter from a dental school yet.

I spoke to my recruiter and apparently the Board will meet Jan 23 or somewhere around there and they're looking for 62 people. They only have like 35 applications as of 1/8 and 1/9 was the submission cutoff for this first round...the reason the number dropped so low is because I guess they kicked out the applicants who haven't received an acceptance letter from a dental school yet.

I saw the spreadsheet for scholarships today. As of right now, they aren't looking for HSCP for graduating class of 2017. But as mentioned above, their are 62 HPSP slots available.

Sounds about right, my recruiter said they switched it from early January to later to wait for more kits to come in before reviewing. Do you know if those 35 applications were complete kits that were submitted by 1/8 or just 35 complete and incompete kits?

35 complete kits submitted by 1/8. around 12/5 they had like 60 and I was freaking out because my recruiter said they'd stop at 80. But only fully complete kits (which means you need an acceptance letter) are accepted for this coming review, which is why the number dropped down to 35. I feel like everyone or almost everyone will receive a scholarship during this first round...whew.

I'm really hoping to make that Jan 23rd board. My recruiter said a week ago he hopes it makes it, just waiting on his higher ups to submit it. I'm afraid that if I make the board in February I might not get the scholarship since there will be more applicants ready to review and less spots to hand out. Am I fine?

I saw the spreadsheet for scholarships today. As of right now, they aren't looking for HSCP for graduating class of 2017. But as mentioned above, their are 62 HPSP slots available.

Any idea on when they will be selecting for the HSCP and how many spots they have available for it?

Duke 2121 I am wondering the same thing... I am still not submitted and really worrying... I do not know if you are fine. If we are too late for this year what is the process like for applying for a 3 yr HPSP?

Will we have to complete this application all over again or can we simply use this application next year?

Any input would be great I really want to join the Navy as my three of my brothers are in Special warfare for the Navy

All I have heard about HSCP is that it is very limited... I have no details on specific numbers.

Any idea on when they will be selecting for the HSCP and how many spots they have available for it?

From what I saw from the spreadsheet, they aren't looking for HSCP right now. Not sure if/ when they will open up slots for class of 2017. Also, not sure how many slots. The spreadsheet didn't say.

Duke 2121 I am wondering the same thing... I am still not submitted and really worrying... I do not know if you are fine. If we are too late for this year what is the process like for applying for a 3 yr HPSP?

Will we have to complete this application all over again or can we simply use this application next year?

Any input would be great I really want to join the Navy as my three of my brothers are in Special warfare for the Navy

I think to get on the 3 year we have to be put on the waiting list for this year. Then in October-ish of this year we can hear back. I think that's how it has worked in the past. I'm just praying I get it this year, I really want to be in the Navy. It seems like this year there are a ton more applicants? Maybe I'm wrong. It just seems like by Feb/Mar all scholarships will be taken up.

I am applying to HPSP with UOP as my acceptance letter. My recruiter told me he checked and I am able to get a scholarship this year as they made an exception for UOP this year.

Anyone else got input? I'm really nervous about not getting it. If I don't get it, will I be considered for the "normal" 3 year HPSP in October and would that cover the tuition I already paid?

:scared: