This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
21728166_749565738564649_7553942467393984083_n.jpg
Ask us anything!

We have over 25 years’ experience preparing students for the DAT Exam! You can truly ask us anything.

Feel free to join my DAT STUDY GROUP on Facebook

DAT Study Group.

I spearhead this group and answer all questions...as well as give many new and exciting problems each day....

Dr. Jim Romano

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Dr. Romano,

I am currently a freshman, and I would like to know if you have any tips for me on how to start early preparations for the DAT. Should I begin reading books like DAT Destroyer now or wait until I have finished Bio, Chem, and Organic Chem?

Dr. Romano,

I am currently a freshman, and I would like to know if you have any tips for me on how to start early preparations for the DAT. Should I begin reading books like DAT Destroyer now or wait until I have finished Bio, Chem, and Organic Chem?
Sorry for the delay I just found your post. Please join our DAT Study group, where I answer questions and give expert advice.

DAT Destroyer Study Group

Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 224718 Ask us anything!

We have over 25 years’ experience preparing students for the DAT Exam! You can truly ask us anything.

Feel free to join my DAT STUDY GROUP on Facebook

DAT Study Group.

I spearhead this group and answer all questions...as well as give many new and exciting problems each day....

Dr. Jim Romano

Hi Dr Romano,
I have gone for 3 interviews and I have 1 more scheduled in January (at U Minnesota). my GPA is 3.7 but my DAT is 19 ( I had only 4 weeks to prepare, I had no more free time to study, math =15, this was surprizing bcs I am good in math). I did 1 summer of research in dental school research lab. I think I had good interviews and references. I really want to get in, what else should I do?

Hi Dr Romano,
I have gone for 3 interviews and I have 1 more scheduled in January (at U Minnesota). my GPA is 3.7 but my DAT is 19 ( I had only 4 weeks to prepare, I had no more free time to study, math =15, this was surprizing bcs I am good in math). I did 1 summer of research in dental school research lab. I think I had good interviews and references. I really want to get in, what else should I do?
Hi sorry, I just saw your post, how did the interviews go?

Dr Romano

I have a question about some answers from an old DAT 2009 exam.

Q19) Although entropy continually increases within the universe as a whole, developing organisms gradually become more organized. What are these organisms capable of doing to aid this process?

a- Lowering activation energy with enzymes
b - Violating the Second Law of Thermodynamics
c - Using external sources of energy
d - concentrating their own molecules so that energy flow is reversed
e - creating energy

The answer according to the key is E. I thought energy could be neither created nor destroyed. Is this referring to energy creation as in producing glucose molecules? I thought the answer would be either A or C.

Hi sorry, I just saw your post, how did the interviews go?

Dr Romano
got 6 interviewes and 2 acceptance offers. I am so happy, I am going to a dental school!!!
On a personal note: got school record in my sport too.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question about some answers from an old DAT 2009 exam.

Q19) Although entropy continually increases within the universe as a whole, developing organisms gradually become more organized. What are these organisms capable of doing to aid this process?

a- Lowering activation energy with enzymes
b - Violating the Second Law of Thermodynamics
c - Using external sources of energy
d - concentrating their own molecules so that energy flow is reversed
e - creating energy

The answer according to the key is E. I thought energy could be neither created nor destroyed. Is this referring to energy creation as in producing glucose molecules? I thought the answer would be either A or C.
Please ask your questions in our DAT Destroyer Study Group