Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For my LORs, one of my evaluator's emails is supposedly improperly formatted, but it's not. It won't send because of it. It has a .net address; idk if that has anything to do with it. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Yeah, a dentist that I asked last year could not receive email from Interfolio for submitting his letter. His email has a weird server. I ended up asking another dentist, and everything works out well for me. Does your evaluator have another email, perhaps?

Members don't see this ad.

This isn't entirely AADSAS related, but it's definitely not worth a new thread. When a school (Penn in this case) says something like this:

"It is recommended that applicants submit the Penn Dental Supplemental Application and application fee as soon as possible after submitting the AADSAS Application.
"

They want you to send in your fee/supplement/whatever ASAP after submission rather than mailing, correct? I assume the verbiage is deliberate, but I'm a little wary of sending checks to schools who don't even have my application yet, haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
This isn't entirely AADSAS related, but it's definitely not worth a new thread. When a school (Penn in this case) says something like this:

"It is recommended that applicants submit the Penn Dental Supplemental Application and application fee as soon as possible after submitting the AADSAS Application.
"

They want you to send in your fee/supplement/whatever ASAP after submission rather than mailing, correct? I assume the verbiage is deliberate, but I'm a little wary of sending checks to schools who don't even have my application yet, haha.
When they say send it ASAP, they mean send it ASAP. There's a reason you submit it *after* submitting the AADSAS application, so you're in their system.

When they say send it ASAP, they mean send it ASAP. There's a reason you submit it *after* submitting the AADSAS application, so you're in their system.

Ah, I wasn't aware I would be in their system directly after submission. It's not like it has been mailed out, so I kind of figured I wouldn't be until it was. Thanks!

Few questions:

1) If I do not have any work experience, do I just leave that section blank on the application?
2) What do I put as the position title under research experience? Undergraduate researcher?
3) What type of things exactly count as academic enrichment program? Does attending a pre-dental day event at a dental school count?

Thanks!

pre-dental day does count as academic enrichment. I attended it and an advisor from a dental school told me to put it down under academic enrichment.

Should I even put down that I have played basketball in a competitive intramural league as an EC? I feel like it doesn't make a difference either way.

Should I even put down that I have played basketball in a competitive intramural league as an EC? I feel like it doesn't make a difference either way.

If you have nothing else to put, it can only help you not harm you

If you have room, yes. Not everything you do should revolve around dentistry. If you enjoyed playing basketball in a league, put it down.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my family members died and i'm putting it in the application because it somewhat affected my grades and I also put it on my PS. Do I need to get some proof that this happened? because I can't find anything online. Only thing that I found is his Facebook was changed to the Memorialized thing people get.

One of my family members died and i'm putting it in the application because it somewhat affected my grades and I also put it on my PS. Do I need to get some proof that this happened? because I can't find anything online. Only thing that I found is his Facebook was changed to the Memorialized thing people get.

How significant was the impact on your grades?

2.5 GPA for the semester and I got a D in one class.

Yeah, definitely put that down. You're not lying about it, so do it. Facebook can be used as proof. If they press you on it, it shouldn't be a problem. Would you happened to have a eulogy/memorial note or something?

Yeah, definitely put that down. You're not lying about it, so do it. Facebook can be used as proof. If they press you on it, it shouldn't be a problem. Would you happened to have a eulogy/memorial note or something?
I don't but maybe one of my family members has a newspaper article about it. It's in another country so that's why I can't find much information about it.

EDIT:I actually have a newspaper clipping about it but no date so I don't think it'll help much.

I have one LOR yet to be submitted, everything else is prepared to submit now. Letter should be submitted within the next week.

Should I e-submit now so it can begin processing? Or do I need to wait?

I have one LOR yet to be submitted, everything else is prepared to submit now. Letter should be submitted within the next week.

I would wait until the letters are all submitted. But, that's just me.

I don't but maybe one of my family members has a newspaper article about it. It's in another country so that's why I can't find much information about it.

EDIT:I actually have a newspaper clipping about it but no date so I don't think it'll help much.
I can't imagine they'll press you about it. I'm sure they'd take your word for it.

Reactions: 1 user

Go ahead and submit. You don't need to wait.

you guys click yes for the advisor release statement? I don't really know my advisor at my school that well and I don't feel comfortable for her to have access to all my personal info on addsass

you guys click yes for the advisor release statement? I don't really know my advisor at my school that well and I don't feel comfortable for her to have access to all my personal info on addsass
Yes

Hey, one more question after reading some of the other posts in this thread. I wrote (and submitted) how my mother got really sick and i was her main source of transportation to physical therapy and doctors appointments during one of the summer 2 sessions I took at a community college (i took one 4 credit and a 5 credit course and worked two jobs on top of it so things got a little crazy for me and got a 3.0). then the first week of my fall semester the same year, my mom had a heart attack and I was not in the right mind set after that and failed a few tests and (luckily) managed to pull a 3.4 for that semester but these two were my lowest semesters ever. I hope i didn't come off looking like an a-hole. These events seriously affected me considering other semesters i was more of a 3.8 student. I never want to come off as rude or poor me or anything and I even felt that way writing it. Just want your thoughts on this.

Hey, one more question after reading some of the other posts in this thread. I wrote (and submitted) how my mother got really sick and i was her main source of transportation to physical therapy and doctors appointments during one of the summer 2 sessions I took at a community college (i took one 4 credit and a 5 credit course and worked two jobs on top of it so things got a little crazy for me and got a 3.0). then the first week of my fall semester the same year, my mom had a heart attack and I was not in the right mind set after that and failed a few tests and (luckily) managed to pull a 3.4 for that semester but these two were my lowest semesters ever. I hope i didn't come off looking like an a-hole. These events seriously affected me considering other semesters i was more of a 3.8 student. I never want to come off as rude or poor me or anything and I even felt that way writing it. Just want your thoughts on this.
Sounds fine to me. You don't really need to explain the 3.4 semester that's not a bad gpa at all.

Sounds fine to me. You don't really need to explain the 3.4 semester that's not a bad gpa at all.
ok thanks! and i know but my pre-health advisor told me it looked like a downward trend..

ok thanks! and i know but my pre-health advisor told me it looked like a downward trend..

Your pre-health advisor's advising skills do not come close to the advising skills of that of JLT223.

So no matching form for interfolio. All one has to do is enter in the email addresses from interfolio to AADSASS, correct?

I got IB credit for few of the classes and on my official transcript, my school didn't give me a grade for those classes. So what would I put the section that says "Grade" and "ADEA AADSAS Grade"?? The transcript just states "No Grade" and mentions the score I received on my IB exam.

Thanks!

1) What course subject can I choose for a course called Great Performances on Film? Its course prefix is THE. Is it considered Non-Science or English?

2) Do I use LOR written by a statistics professor as my non-science LOR or science LOR?

Thanks!

So i e-submitted on the 10th and the got my transcripts on the 8th. But they still haven't verified gpa. Anyone in the same boat?

GPA verification takes 4-6 weeks.
Yeah I was kinda just being sarcastic. I know I have to wait that long. Just out of curiosity has anyone had their GPA verified yet? and if so when did you e-submit?

Yeah I was kinda just being sarcastic. I know I have to wait that long. Just out of curiosity has anyone had their GPA verified yet? and if so when did you e-submit?
A few people have said they are verified. Mostly June 1st submissions.

Hahaha sorry. I can't tell anymore what is sarcastic and what isn't on here. Too many people panicking over 3.9 GPAs and 24AAs

Oh gosh ok it's really late and I'm really tired so I haven't skimmed the rest of the thread... so hopefully it hasn't been asked but..

Should I wait until my AADSAS gets verified and mailed to send my secondary app fees or can I just do it right away?
I'm also planning to call and ask if I can get the fees waived (although I didn't qualify for FAP so it might be tough haha...).

I finished everything on the application and i'm ready to submit it. I just need to interview with my school committee so they can send their letter. Should I delay submitting the application to do the FAP? I'm not sure if the money i will save is worth delaying it for another 10 days or so.

For sending letters of rec from interfolio to addsass, is it just simply entering in the email addresses?

Oh gosh ok it's really late and I'm really tired so I haven't skimmed the rest of the thread... so hopefully it hasn't been asked but..

Should I wait until my AADSAS gets verified and mailed to send my secondary app fees or can I just do it right away?
I'm also planning to call and ask if I can get the fees waived (although I didn't qualify for FAP so it might be tough haha...).
No, do it now.

If you're struggling financially, you can always spread them out: do a few this week, get paid, do a few next week, etc. You don't need to wait until it's verified, but it's better to do it sooner rather than later

Got an email from AADSAS saying to allow 7-10 business days from the time I mailed my transcript to be uploaded. Stated that they upload in "real time". I mailed one of my transcript on the 1st...should I be worried?

Reactions: 1 users
How long does it take for them to receive a mailed transcript? I sent one twelve days ago and it still isnt registered on my application. Should I be concerned at this point?

How long does it take for them to receive a mailed transcript? I sent one twelve days ago and it still isnt registered on my application. Should I be concerned at this point?

That's what I'm saying. I mailed two the same day from the same state. The first one was received and uploaded on the 6th and the second one has yet to be received.

Got an email from AADSAS saying to allow 7-10 business days from the time I mailed my transcript to be uploaded. Stated that they upload in "real time". I mailed one of my transcript on the 1st...should I be worried?
Don't worry yet. It feels like it's been a long time but it's been less than 3 weeks. You can call them/resend it if you want, but I still think it just needs more time.

So I know it's not a big deal, but I finished my AA degree and graduated from with honors from the CC before transferring to a 4 year. Should I include this in the Awards section?

Should I delay submitting my application to send all the FAP stuff? I know I save quite a bit of money but I already saved up money to submit everything so it's not like I don't have the money but I don't know if it's worth delaying the app for another 10+ days.