Asking for feedback after an interview

Started by DS-Bruno
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DS-Bruno

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently on rotation at a site that I have already interviewed at. I have another interview coming up, is it acceptable to ask for feedback from the site I interviewed at on things I can improve on? The process is so formal that I dont want to make any mistakes if they can be avoided.
 
I wouldn’t. Every program values different things in an interview. If you follow their advice you might not be a good match for a program that is looking for something different in a resident. Like you said this process is very formal. Although, asking for feedback to improve is often well received, in this case I would err on the side of caution especially with other programs still interviewing.
 
I am currently on rotation at a site that I have already interviewed at. I have another interview coming up, is it acceptable to ask for feedback from the site I interviewed at on things I can improve on? The process is so formal that I dont want to make any mistakes if they can be avoided.

Don't do it, my RPD did not like it when someone asked her for feedback after the interview