Asking for money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalDoctorFrankenstein

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is asking for scholarships a thing? My instate school accepted me but another school I like more costs a little more and accepted me back in December. If it is, who should I email and what do I say?

Members don't see this ad.

If they already accepted you, I would inquire about scholarships. Don't ask for money, that looks bad on your part

Members don't see this ad :)
Worst they can do is say no.

Attachments

• 24B19D65-D8AE-48CA-9E11-059C206BB2B6.gif
    24B19D65-D8AE-48CA-9E11-059C206BB2B6.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
Is asking for scholarships a thing? My instate school accepted me but another school I like more costs a little more and accepted me back in December. If it is, who should I email and what do I say?

Are you considered a "high demand" student? You need to look at your cards and your bargaining power. If you were a URM/female/protected class or your stats are way above the average to the point where it could push their class of 20XX average by a considerable amount, then you have some cards to play in bargaining. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of those cards, attempted to bluff, failed, and ended up going somewhere else (thank goodness!). I later found out that the institution that I bluffed required daily 8am attendance. I would've (mentally) died in that environment.

Reactions: 2 users