Asking for money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedicalDoctorFrankenstein

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is asking for scholarships a thing? My instate school accepted me but another school I like more costs a little more and accepted me back in December. If it is, who should I email and what do I say?
 
If they already accepted you, I would inquire about scholarships. Don't ask for money, that looks bad on your part
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Worst they can do is say no.
 

Attachments

  • 24B19D65-D8AE-48CA-9E11-059C206BB2B6.gif
    24B19D65-D8AE-48CA-9E11-059C206BB2B6.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 171
Is asking for scholarships a thing? My instate school accepted me but another school I like more costs a little more and accepted me back in December. If it is, who should I email and what do I say?

Are you considered a "high demand" student? You need to look at your cards and your bargaining power. If you were a URM/female/protected class or your stats are way above the average to the point where it could push their class of 20XX average by a considerable amount, then you have some cards to play in bargaining. Unfortunately, I didn't have any of those cards, attempted to bluff, failed, and ended up going somewhere else (thank goodness!). I later found out that the institution that I bluffed required daily 8am attendance. I would've (mentally) died in that environment.