All Branch Topic (ABT) ASP and VSP timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I signed the one-year contract for ASP a few weeks ago. Assuming it's not lost/burned/ignored, would the amount minus tax show up on the 1 JULY EFT or 15 JULY? And the same for the VSP in OCT.

Members don't see this ad.

ASP usually shows up the first few days of July. If you're paying attention and your admin office isn't screwed up, your ASP letter and endorsement can be done well in advance.

It looks like you mean ISP when you write VSP. ISP should be paid 1 October, but it is often (usually) late.

These special pays are not related to your twice-per-month regular paychecks. They'll appear on your monthly LES, but they are paid separately and can show up on any day. No earlier than 1 July for ASP or 1 October for ISP. (For most of us. There are exceptions for people who graduate residency off cycle, or who renegotiate ISP dates because of fellowship.)

Just a note with the ISP: You NEED to file the paperwork within a month of the notice or else you will not get the bonus or they will take part of it away. This almost happened to me when I was on deployment to a place with no PSD. Be proactive about this one.

Members don't see this ad :)
They're surprisingly good at the ASP. Gotta give credit where credit is due. ISP, as already stated, is more flakey. Especially when the government shuts down.

Like the others above have stated; the Special Pays Office is pretty good about ASP - I've always received it during the first few days of July.

So I was proactive and called DFAS. The lady was able to tell me the post-tax amount and about when I could expect the deposit. She said before or on the mid-month pay, but hopefully tomorrow!

Got mine overnight minus the 25%! :)