Aspen looks for cheap labor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

comatose

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aspen...s-Organization-United-States-Nationwid-841238

Please read this report about Aspen . Another dentist posted this, but from what I gathered from an interview, it's very true. There are plenty of other better paying jobs out there for new grads, trust me. If you are looking for a job that underpays you, go for it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
But Aspen offer free xray, exam, consultation as well as denture as low as $400. This cannot be true!

Nothing wrong with Aspen. They're a corporation, money is king. If you don't like them go work somewhere else, or hell, open your own corporate dental and pay top dollar to your employees. You'll be broke soon and working for Aspen :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing wrong with Aspen. They're a corporation, money is king. If you don't like them go work somewhere else, or hell, open your own corporate dental and pay top dollar to your employees. You'll be broke soon and working for Aspen :)
Aspen = Worst Ethical Decisions In The Industry. So yea, cash is definitely King.

I worked for Aspen, and I have seen all their numbers and schemes. I even helped an investigation against them. The truth is, they feed on the inexperienced and most vulnerable dentists to coach them how to milk patients wallets through CareCredit.

But whom am I to judge... You are too blind to see if you are in the middle of it all.

Reactions: 1 user

Working somewhere else or starting your own practice was the point of the article...

If Aspen bills patients on Medicaid, that's my taxpayer money and I have every damn reason to complain at my taxpayer dollars going to the greedy pockets of corporate slime such as Rick Kushner, instead of helping the poor.
Aspen will hopefully be shut down, and you'll be unemployed cause no dentist wants to hire an Aspen employee

If Aspen bills patients on Medicaid, that's my taxpayer money and I have every damn reason to complain at my taxpayer dollars going to the greedy pockets of corporate slime such as Rick Kushner, instead of helping the poor.
Aspen will hopefully be shut down, and you'll be unemployed cause no dentist wants to hire an Aspen employee

Kushner owns Comfort Dental, not Aspen. Two different beasts. You may hate them both, but Kushner's dentists do generally make more money than Aspen's from what I've been told. Not saying that I like Comfort, but it is different.

Greedy pockets of corporate slime? We live in a capitalist society…make as much as you can, if you don't like the service provided, don't use it or be a part of it! Aspen won't be shut down anytime soon, and I don't work there or ever have, I just don't have anything against corporate dentistry. They are simply providing a service and if you or the customer doesn't like it - don't go there!

Greedy pockets of corporate slime? We live in a capitalist society…make as much as you can, if you don't like the service provided, don't use it or be a part of it! Aspen won't be shut down anytime soon, and I don't work there or ever have, I just don't have anything against corporate dentistry. They are simply providing a service and if you or the customer doesn't like it - don't go there!
If we lived in a truly capitalist society, there would be no Medicaid (which is funded by working taxpayers). If there was no Medicaid, these corporate slime wouldn't exist. It is not capitalism, it is crony capitalism and abuse of taxpayer money as many of these chains have been found of systematic fraud and overbilling of Medicaid, which is again funded by my taxpayer dollars (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...vestigating-abuse-at-corporate-dental-chains/). So I guess you like seeing taxpayer money get wasted because supposedly that's capitalism? I'd have no problem with these corporate dental chains as long as Medicaid didn't exist.

Reactions: 2 users
If we lived in a truly capitalist society, there would be no Medicaid (which is funded by working taxpayers). If there was no Medicaid, these corporate slime wouldn't exist. It is not capitalism, it is crony capitalism and abuse of taxpayer money as many of these chains have been found of systematic fraud and overbilling of Medicaid, which is again funded by my taxpayer dollars (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...vestigating-abuse-at-corporate-dental-chains/). So I guess you like seeing taxpayer money get wasted because supposedly that's capitalism? I'd have no problem with these corporate dental chains as long as Medicaid didn't exist.

The issue is not really Medicaid. There are many chains that don't accept Medicaid, such as Pacific, Heartland, Comfort. They run off FFS and PPO and they thrive without taking Medicaid. Their fee schedules run lower than private clinics so they pose a threat to solo practitioners. Unfortunately, nowadays patients are now considered consumers and they want to cheapest possible dental treatment instead of quality and care. Therefore many Americans will flock to these clinics with their clipped-coupon $499 crown special.

I worked at Aspen for 2 years, and it can be good and it can be horrible. I made my clinical decisions and would not succumb to any pressures to upsell, not that I had a lot of pressure to do that. The author of that article sounds like they have an axe to grind and is letting their emotions embellish the truth.

If you're an ethical dentist, you should be able to keep doing ethical dentistry in a corporate setting. But whether you are ethical or not, you'll be working many hours and seeing many patients.

I would only ever consider Aspen again if I had no other options.

I worked at Aspen for 2 years, and it can be good and it can be horrible. I made my clinical decisions and would not succumb to any pressures to upsell, not that I had a lot of pressure to do that. The author of that article sounds like they have an axe to grind and is letting their emotions embellish the truth.

If you're an ethical dentist, you should be able to keep doing ethical dentistry in a corporate setting. But whether you are ethical or not, you'll be working many hours and seeing many patients.

I would only ever consider Aspen again if I had no other options.
Out of curiosity how many hours did they have you working a week?

40 hours most weeks, but there were plenty of days when we went past closing time, plus at least one Saturday a month, usually a half day.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app