Assessment of Practice Performance (APP)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMFreakz

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about this for maintaining certification? I read the ABEM memo and describes doigng some practice imporvement activity based on 10 pateints in first 4 years, then a second in the 4 years after that and then a communication/professionalism activity?

Is this "live" already? (just passed oral boards Oct '08).

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know anything about this for maintaining certification? I read the ABEM memo and describes doigng some practice imporvement activity based on 10 pateints in first 4 years, then a second in the 4 years after that and then a communication/professionalism activity?

Is this "live" already? (just passed oral boards Oct '08).

This seemed like total nonsense when I read it. What's the point of this anyway?

Also, you can conveniently pay ABEM $75 for the online programs to get your APP requirement. Gee, I wonder what their motives are?

I think it goes live in 2010. Not looking forward to it. Not sure what it will really look like. Going to be annoying whatever it is.

It looks like some bureaucratic nonsense that's easily fulfilled with a minimum effort, but takes just enough time, and costs just enough money to be annoying.