ASSIGNING a LOR after submission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eklipse113

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you can add a new LOR author, but can you leave a box unchecked and add it on in a few days? (I want to ask my advisor which of 2 letters, in addition to my 3 I'm sending to every program, would be best-- I got notification that one got uploaded on the 14th) All of my letters are uploaded already and the authors are finalized. It's just an issue with being on the WEEKEND because some jerks thought it would be smart to do that to us.

So can I ASSIGN, not simply add and assign (I don't know, are there different rules?) a letter later? I want to get this thing submitted.

ANSWER for others: yes you can. Never mind!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
After applying to programs, how do we assign a letter later on?

Go to the Programs tab. On the right hand side, there's a link to the programs you've applied to. Click the program name. Assign the letter. Click 'select' or whatever at the bottom, and go through the same process you did the first time you applied.

Go to the Programs tab. On the right hand side, there's a link to the programs you've applied to. Click the program name. Assign the letter. Click 'select' or whatever at the bottom, and go through the same process you did the first time you applied.
Thanks.