Assistant TA Course Credit?

Started by Rushnrhcp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rushnrhcp

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Quick question. I'm currently an assistant TA for the intro bio 1 lab, and I'm wondering if I get course credit for it, as in does it affect my GPA? Its designated as Bio 494, so this would seem to qualify it as upper division bio....any ideas?

Seems like it shouldn't, but it shows up on my transcript as Bio 494, so I'm not sure...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I TA Bio 190 (Intro cell) and a class called Sci 110. I get Biology 499 credit and get letter grades assigned.

Kinda nice!
 
I TA Bio 190 (Intro cell) and a class called Sci 110. I get Biology 499 credit and get letter grades assigned.

Kinda nice!

It is the same way at my university. In fact, taking a TA or research for credit is commonly done junior/senior year.