Associate Partnership Opportunity Neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UNFADABLE858

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am out of residency 1.5 year and have an opportunity with 1 Neurologist who owns 2 practices and takes call at 2 hospitals. One hospital is offering income guarantee and relocation as long as I stay in the area for 3 years. He is offering me 50 % of outpatient collections and 60 % of inpatient collections. What are the thoughts of these numbers in general. After 1 year, there is partnership opportunity.
Any pieces of advice that can be given to me as both as an associate for the first year and about buying into the partnership.
Any common things that people get taken advantage of or things I should look into the contract ?
Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I'm confused. Is this a solo practitioner with 2 outpatient practices and call at 2 hospitals, who is looking to divide and conquer? Or does this guy/gal just own two practices and have a bunch of people on staff? The 50%/60% thing makes me think the former. One must then wonder why he/she is recruiting. Too busy for one person? Life changes? Hospital restructuring? Two people seeing patients in two practices while staffing two hospitals still sounds like it could be quite busy.

Don't know much about partnership and contracts. I'm owned by the whims of Congress.