AT Still University Interview 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrePTatUofO13

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Has anyone had or will have an interview with AT Still yet? I have an interview this Friday and want to know if anyone has any advice! Also, to anyone that currently goes to AT Still, what do you like the most and the least about the program? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How long did it take them to respond to you after submitting? I submitted 9/30

I submitted my application late July, and I got an email around the first week of October. I honestly did not think I would get an invite for an interview from them! I am so glad I did!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there! I hope your interview goes well. I have a friend who is in their OT program right now (and knows a few PT students) and work with several PTs who graduated from AT Still. My interview is in a few weeks. Here's what I know: the campus is absolutely beautiful and is really integrated with their technology. The interview itself has been described as "laid back" (so much that some applicants receive Skype interviews versus in person), they really want to know why you chose their school versus others, and how would you fit in with their program. I have heard nothing but great reviews about this program, the faculty and staff are all there to help you learn to the best of their ability. There are also other disciplines on that campus, so its awesome to have inter-collaborative work.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your advice! I actually have a Skype interview with them since I live in Oregon, so unfortunately, I will not see the campus. I hope you do well at your interview as well!

You're welcome! Let me know how it goes. Is it the AT Still campus in Arizona?

Hey everyone! Has anyone had or will have an interview with AT Still yet? I have an interview this Friday and want to know if anyone has any advice! Also, to anyone that currently goes to AT Still, what do you like the most and the least about the program? Thanks!

Hello, Here is the questions they asked me last year.

1. Please talk a little bit about yourself that is or is not reflected in your application?
  2. Why did you pick AT Still university?
  3. Can you give me an instance where you encountered a stressful situation and please describe how you handled it?
  4. How would you interact in a team setting such as working with OTs, PTs, PTAs, PAs, ARNP and MD/DO?
  5. We encounter a diverse population, please tell me how you would present yourself if a client had a cultural or religious barrier?
  6. How would you provide customer service to your patients?
  7. What classes did you find most rewarding in your undergraduate degree? (this one might be specific to each student)
  8. Please describe your communicate skills?
  9. Lastly, do you have any questions about our program?

How did your interview go?? Was it weird being a video conference??

How did your interview go?? Was it weird being a video conference??
The interview was laid back like you said! My interviewer was extremely nice and friendly, but I was still nervous throughout the interview. It wasn't too bad having the interview through Zoom (similar to Skype), but I had trouble looking directly at my laptop camera at all times. It was very easy to hear the interviewer and there were no technical problems so that was great!

The interview was laid back like you said! My interviewer was extremely nice and friendly, but I was still nervous throughout the interview. It wasn't too bad having the interview through Zoom (similar to Skype), but I had trouble looking directly at my laptop camera at all times. It was very easy to hear the interviewer and there were no technical problems so that was great!
Awesome! That's good to know. Best of luck to you!!

I got an acceptance letter today!!! I hope you all have a great Halloween Weekend! :)

I got an acceptance letter today!!! I hope you all have a great Halloween Weekend! :)
Wow!! That's incredibly awesome. Congratulations!! I have my interview in two weeks. Any advice going forward? What was your most difficult question to answer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!!

How long was your secondary app essay? Was it as thorough as the PTCAS statement?
Hey! I honestly don't remember how long my secondary app essay was. I don't even remember what the prompt asked, but I wrote it in a day and did not have anyone read through it. I did have two people read through my PTCAS statement though so I definitely did not work as hard on the secondary app essay. Sorry if this doesn't help much.

Wow!! That's incredibly awesome. Congratulations!! I have my interview in two weeks. Any advice going forward? What was your most difficult question to answer?
My interviewer asked me a lot of the questions posted on this forum as well as questions in regards to stress management and resolving conflict. She did not ask all the questions mentioned above such as "most rewarding undergraduate course" and "customer service" questions, so that's something to keep in mind. Good luck on your interview coming up! I know you will do great!

My interviewer asked me a lot of the questions posted on this forum as well as questions in regards to stress management and resolving conflict. She did not ask all the questions mentioned above such as "most rewarding undergraduate course" and "customer service" questions, so that's something to keep in mind. Good luck on your interview coming up! I know you will do great!
Awesome thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Hopefully we'll meet in August!

I submitted my secondary application at the end of July and heard back about my interview the first week in October. I chose to do an on campus interview on 10/21. I just heard back on 10/28 that I was accepted! The interview was very relaxed like people say, and they asked almost all the same questions as people have posted on here so preparing some answers for those is a good idea. You take a tour with a student ambassador and then have a one on one interview with a facult member then a Q and A session with students and one of the program directors. Good luck to everyone applying! Hope this helps!

I applied to AT Still for early application in early August and received a secondary application in early September but still have not heard anything yet on my "status." The admissions adviser for AT Still told me to call if 8 weeks had gone by and I still did not receive an update to my status. I'm at the 7 week timeline. Should I be concerned?

I just submitted my secondary application, but in my status it shows my letters and official scores are not complete. My PTCAS has been finished and completed. Do I need to submit the letters, transcripts and official scores directly to the school?

For mine, it took one more additional business day for the school to retrieve that information from PTCAS. I wouldn't worry yet.

For mine, it took one more additional business day for the school to retrieve that information from PTCAS. I wouldn't worry yet.

Thanks. They actually just updated it as completed. I'm pretty nervous about getting an interview

Just spoke to the office. Their class is about 2/3 full. My application was complete Sep 23 and according to them "very good" but I haven't received an interview invite yet. Seems they have a lot of applicants to go through. The person I spoke to said that there is a lot of action on their waitlist/alternate list, which is ranked, so I'm personally optimistic.

Just had my interview. It was very laid back and the interviewer easily eased my nerves. We had a great conversation and they don't really ask you the typical "why do you want to be a PT" or "why did you chose us", which I kind of enjoyed because it really allowed me to be myself and to think on my toes and just let my experiences speak for themselves. Good luck to everyone else who has upcoming PT interviews!!

I was invited to set up an interview with AT Still but I was only able to select the date and not the time. I've contacted admissions about this but I haven't heard back in a couple days. For those that have interviewed, do they contact you later to confirm a set time?

I was invited to set up an interview with AT Still but I was only able to select the date and not the time. I've contacted admissions about this but I haven't heard back in a couple days. For those that have interviewed, do they contact you later to confirm a set time?

They should send you another email with a time after you set up a date. I forget how long after I got mine but I think it was within a day or two.

Congrats!! :) Was this an on-campus or skype interview? Do you remember what kind of questions they asked you?
Thank you! It was a video interview, they use a platform called ZOOM. I selected the date and gave a time frame that worked for me, I got an email within a few days with the confirmed time.

And they asked non traditional questions really a lot of questions geared towards professionalism, like the PTCAS essay.

Good luck with you're interview!

Have you heard back/ got an interview?

I submitted my secondary in October but they said they're still reviewing applicants as of 11/15

No haven't heard anything back since 10/25 when I submitted my supplementary app.

I submitted my secondary in early September and have still not heard anything. They said after 6 months of submitting the secondary app to call if you haven't heard anything.

Thank you! It was a video interview, they use a platform called ZOOM. I selected the date and gave a time frame that worked for me, I got an email within a few days with the confirmed time.

And they asked non traditional questions really a lot of questions geared towards professionalism, like the PTCAS essay.

Good luck with you're interview!

Congrats on the interview! Have you heard back yet with a decision?

Has anyone who had interviews the week before thanksgiving (11/14-11/18) heard back with a decision or time frame yet?

Congrats on the interview! Have you heard back yet with a decision?
I have not. They are still reviewing 11/15 applicants and will hopefully make a decision by the end of the week.

Has anyone who had interviews the week before thanksgiving (11/14-11/18) heard back with a decision or time frame yet?
I have not heard, mine was 11/15. I know that the school was closed all thanksgiving week don't that could delay things.

I was told 1-2 weeks, but I think that because of thanksgiving it was delayed....at least I'm hoping

I have not. They are still reviewing 11/15 applicants and will hopefully make a decision by the end of the week.

How do you know they are still reviewing these applicants? Did you call to find out?