At what point are you interviewing for the waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tommyv

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I understand how rolling admissions works..the later your interview..the lesser your chances of getting in. But, does anyone know or want to comment at what point they think you are interviewing for the waitlist? I have had one interview a have a couple more, but should I assume that by the end of Feb. most of the classes will be full and that you are basically interviewing to get a good spot on the waitlist? Any feedback appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It depends, but I can tell you my experience. I didn't get my secondaries in until around Oct/Nov, which is late. My first interview was in late Feb., my last (of 3) at the end of March. At all three, they subtly indicated that the spots were all taken. One even mentioned how they had to keep the alternate list short as well, I guess to let us know that we may not make it to that stage either. I was put on the alt. list on all 3, but got in eventually, so hang in there. Just do well on your interviews. But to answer your Q, yes, most spots are taken by now. Good luck.