Athletic Scholarships - AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maestrohuang

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was a 4 year student-athlete that went to school solely based on cost because college is not cheap. Using sports, I paid for my first 4 years of school and now I am finishing undergrad at a carnegie-1 back home.

How should I, or do I even, list the 4 years of varsity athletics and the full/partial scholarships I received?
 
I would definitely list it. It shows that you have interests and talents outside of medicine. I would probably do it under the "awards" category and you have plenty of space to explain the details of the scholarship (or partial scholarship).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright, I would like to try to use it towards my advantage to stand out, but the aacomas/amcas applications only have room to acknowledge it through the personal statement and awards/honors (scholarships).
 
The only problem with simply placing it in the awards, honors, scholarships is that I have to list it individually for each year. I transferred to multiple schools and these were financially based decisions. I am not sure what you mean by asking what I am expecting.
 
The only problem with simply placing it in the awards, honors, scholarships is that I have to list it individually for each year. I transferred to multiple schools and these were financially based decisions. I am not sure what you mean by asking what I am expecting.
You would either group all scholarships together (including any academic ones) or you would put it under the entry where you talk about your involvement with the sport