Atlanta -- It Begins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tucker27705

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Luck to everyone this week. Hope you have fun in my home town, the ATL.
Tuck

Members don't see this ad.

Well, i'm certain i failed. Anyone know what city i'll be traveling to next year?
The only way to know for sure that you failed is if you are certain that you made a "killing error". A killing error = definite fail.
Examples would be giving patients things that are absolutely contraindicated. Like Sux to MH, muscular dystrophy or burn patients, failure to recognize the need for and use of the difficult airway algorithm, inability to give an adequate differential diagnosis for a common problem, neuraxial blocks in septic anticoagulated patients, etc. People get really worked up about the orals, but they are not really that bad. The case was going to go to hell no matter what you said or did, so don't sweat it!
If you limped along, expressing your thoughts fairly coherently and avoided any major "killing"/failing errors, you probably earned a "probable pass". See you again in 10 years for the recert.:thumbup:
Either way, go out and party like it's 1999?:D