Atlantic bridge applications 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After submitting all the required documents & LORs to the Atlantic Bridge Portal, how long does it take for Atlantic Bridge to send the application to the schools?
Sometimes very quickly, depending on your application.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
By now I got an offer from all universities in Ireland. Decided to join 5 year program at RCSI

Hey has anyone heard from Galway 5 year program? If so what were your stats if you don't mind sharing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All, I applied to TCD, Galway and RCSI Bahrain! Has anyone applied to these programs? :)

Hello All, I applied to TCD, Galway and RCSI Bahrain! Has anyone applied to these programs? :)
I don’t think TCD or RCSI Bahrain have released any places yet. But Galway have released round 1 places for both 5 and 6 years.

Reactions: 1 user
I don’t think TCD or RCSI Bahrain have released any places yet. But Galway have released round 1 places for both 5 and 6 years.
Okay cool! I contacted the admissions counselor and she said that TCD sends letters from beginning of April to as late as August! But not sure with the rest!

Last edited:
Hey! I also applied to TCD, still waiting on word back from them as of today. My AB advisor said yesterday that TCD still hasn't sent out any letters. Could be any day now!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I also applied to TCD, still waiting on word back from them as of today. My AB advisor said yesterday that TCD still hasn't sent out any letters. Could be any day now!
Hello! omg thanks for asking! Hope they get back to us soon inshallah!

Hey has anyone heard from Galway 5 year program? If so what were your stats if you don't mind sharing.
yes. but my brother hasn't gotten in yet and has a 4.0 gpa and 1470 sat...pm me if you will go, I got into the 5 year program need help finding off campus housing

can anyone give advise on how to find housing in Galway? for those who are going to be or thinking of attending NUIG medical school

As I understand, these are the only ones that now accept high school applicants for 6 y programs. The others are 5 or 4 years. I am applying to all of them but find hard they will consider a high schooler for a 5 year program. Will see :)...I think they all require interview
did you find out yet?

Hi! Sorry for the late response, have an exam coming up haha!

1. Not great lol! My cumulative GPA was a 3.13, and my MCAT was 500. BUT my transcript had a huge upward climb in terms of my GPA - from a 1.66 in my first semester to a 4.0 in my last year and half. Though I obviously don't know for sure, I would bet that definitely had something to do with securing an interview. My personal statement was also pretty good the year I finally got in, so that likely had something to do with it as well.
2. My interview was in person at a hotel - we started the day with a small group task while someone from the school observed, and then we moved on to individual interviews. For me, I had two people interviewing me in a private room. Standard questions (why med, why Ireland, let's talk about your transcript, etc.)
3. Location wise... I mean Ireland is beautiful of course but it rains A LOT. It feels like I haven't seen the sun in a long time lol so if you're coming, bring vitamin D with you! The school is pretty good in terms of support - they want you to pass, so they're great with helping you get there. Lots of revision sessions before exams, faculty answers emails quickly, and there's spaces to study all over campus. The curriculum is good - I believe our school sort of collaborates with McMaster in Canada to ensure that everything is on par with the North American education, so you're getting the same level of quality that you would at home. It's tough, I won't lie, but completely doable if you put in the work! They have a pretty good system in place to ensure you don't fall behind!
4. I've been told that they are very helpful with trying to get you back to Canada/US but I won't be able to speak to that first hand yet. They do offer a USMLE course with Kaplan in your second year, and you actually sit a mock USMLE with the school before you sit the real thing. I can't remember stats off hand, but I remember at my interview they actually told us the percentage of students who match back first year and I remember thinking it was really good for an international school. Basically from what I've been told by upper years, they want you to match back home so they do a lot to help make that happen.

Hope this helps! Happy to answer any other questions!
what school are you in in Ireland? do you have any tips for housing for student traveling with a family?

Anyone looking for accommodation in Dublin City Centre? let me know I may be able to help.

They’ve re-opened applications for Jan 2024 MBChB at Uni Buckingham in England if anyone didn’t get into Ireland and needs a backup. 22 August 2023 deadline