This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cgran

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a sophomore who is applying to the Atlantic Bridge program for the upcoming year, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight into my chances of admission? My high school stats were eh - 3.3 cumulative. I turned things around my freshman year and ended with a 3.78 GPA. I transferred to another university for my sophomore year, and was enrolled in physics, Orgo chem, stats, and a lib ed course. Due to some extenuating circumstances, I had to drop my Orgo course because I didn't have the time to dedicate to doing as well as I need to (circumstances certainly justify - don't want to go into details). My lib ed course is pass/fail, meaning that my physics and stats course are the only things affecting my GPA. I will be getting an A in stats, and most likely a B in physics, meaning that my GPA will be around 3.38, plus a W in Orgo. Is this going to kill my chances?

I have around 6 months of hospital exposure working as a patient transporter, and am moderately active on campus. I've heard Irish med schools don't stress these things as much as American med schools do, but they might play a factor.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you have a good start. With a W in Orgo., and currently a Sophomore, I would recommend taking another year and continuing to do well in the science curriculum. That isn't to say you can't get accepted now but another year will much better prepare you for what lies ahead.

Reactions: 1 user
I finished my high school with IB score of 41/45. I have applied through ABP to Irish medical schools. What are my chances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. Seeking some advice...

I believe my 3.48 GPA is too low to get me into any med school at all (Canada or ABP), so I am considering beginning a MSc in January to boost my grades. Haven’t written the MCAT yet.

Should I even bother applying ABP this year (for 2019 entry) or should I start my Masters first, wait til next year and apply both in Canada and ABP with my Masters grades to (hopefully) boost my GPA?

Also if I did apply to ABP this Fall, would it help my chances at all to take some online undergrad courses in the winter 2019 semester? Or is that too little too late?

Hey guys. Seeking some advice...

I believe my 3.48 GPA is too low to get me into any med school at all (Canada or ABP), so I am considering beginning a MSc in January to boost my grades. Haven’t written the MCAT yet.

Should I even bother applying ABP this year (for 2019 entry) or should I start my Masters first, wait til next year and apply both in Canada and ABP with my Masters grades to (hopefully) boost my GPA?

Also if I did apply to ABP this Fall, would it help my chances at all to take some online undergrad courses in the winter 2019 semester? Or is that too little too late?

Why are you getting a Masters? How is this going to help your application?