Atlantic Veterinary College (UPEI) - Canadian applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

animalrights

Cow Hugger
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back yet about an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything yet! I really hope to hear soon though. When do they usually send out the letters?

The e-mail I got back in November after I applied said that they would be sending out letters March 10th... so maybe we should be getting them Monday or Tuesday at the latest? I'm SO nervous....

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know anyone who has gone through the interview process? I'm just wondering what to expect. A lot of the other schools seem to do group interviews and I was wondering if UPEI did that as well. I'm very nervous too!! :confused:

Well the vet that I used to work with told me about her interview and it was one-on-one.. I'm certain they still are. As for what they'll ask during the interview (that's if I get one..) I have no idea!

I still haven't heard anything. I was talking to a girl who is in her first year at UPEI and she said she got a phone call at the beginning of April to hear about her interview in May. She also said that someone she knew had applied and wasn't contacted by UPEI at all. So I guess if you don't get an interview they don't bother to let you know :(

Really! I don't think I can wait that long! I e-mailed admissions asking for more details about it.. I'll let you know once I hear back from them. Let me know if you hear back though in the next few days... I've been stalking my mailbox so I'll let you know if I get mine!

OK, so the letters are going out today, to all applicants. Good luck!!!

Wow, I have butterflies! Good luck to you too!
What year of your undergrad are you in and what is your province of application? (If you don't mind my asking :) )

I'm in my 3rd year of a BSc with a bio major and I am applying from NS.

I'm in 4th year of my undergrad, majoring in Biology. My province is NS too.. looks like you're my competition! haha
This is my first time applying, how about you?

So you checked with AVC and they said that the letters were going out today? That is good, was starting to wonder when i would hear back. I am a 4th year Biology-Chemistry major from NB.

Nice, this is my first time applying too. I switched universities after my first year and wanted a solid two years at my second university before applying to give me more time to get the required courses!

I got my letter in the mail today and my interview is on May 26th :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my letter today aswell, my interview is May 11

Congrats guys :)

I didn't get an interview :( Have to try again next year...

Thanks, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get an interview. I'm sure they will like to see that you are trying again for next year!
If you want, I can let you know how everything goes to prepare for next year. Feel free to ask me anything!

It sucks that you didn't get an interview animalrights. Like kc99 i'll also let you know how my interview went and try to give you some inside info to help you out for next year. Best of luck.

Hey, I applyed for upei too but did not get an interview either :( It was only my first year applying, so there is always next year.

I have acouple questions regarding the GRE. I dont know whether to write it again....
What scores did you guys get for the verbal and the quantative sections and what '% below'??? Mine seems low but I know its not common to get perfect scores on it :oops:
And what kind of averages did you guys have if you dont mind me asking. I think my average is about a 86%.

... Sorry for the questions, but i just want to know where I need to improve and whether it is worth writing the GRE again. thanks!! :D

I just interviewed a few days ago as an international student.

Although the "Interview Feedback" section doesn't have UPEI listed, I prepared using the University of Minnesota feedback that has been posted, as both schools use behavioral interviews.

It helped... many of the questions were the same, so that could be a good resource as you're getting ready.

Good luck :)

I don't really think the GRE scores are a big deal since they are only worth 5%. I didn't study very much for it and my scores weren't spectacular. The university grades are the main thing. On the Biology section I had 93/93 (100%) and on the other section I had 91.5/93 (98%), having 93 as the highest possible score with their marking scheme. Everyone I talk to says that marks are the most important thing!

I just interviewed a few days ago as an international student.

Although the "Interview Feedback" section doesn't have UPEI listed, I prepared using the University of Minnesota feedback that has been posted, as both schools use behavioral interviews.

It helped... many of the questions were the same, so that could be a good resource as you're getting ready.

Good luck :)

Thanks so much, that is a big help :)

I'm from NS too. You won't have to worry about me... I won't be applying for another two years... I want to finish my degree first :p

I'm from New Brunswick . I will apply for next september (2010) . I was wondering about grades needed to grant an interview? I have 91-92% average but I'm a french guy so my GRE test is not very good. I had a hard time I would say:rolleyes: I will have it a second and last time tomorrow at 13h . Anybody could help me with needed grades to become a vet at UPEI ;)

You should look at the weighting of grades on the AVC website. They weigh a few required courses more heavily than others, but if your grades in those courses are anything like your average then I'd say you have a good shot at getting in.

I'm from New Brunswick . I will apply for next september (2010) . I was wondering about grades needed to grant an interview? I have 91-92% average but I'm a french guy so my GRE test is not very good. I had a hard time I would say:rolleyes: I will have it a second and last time tomorrow at 13h . Anybody could help me with needed grades to become a vet at UPEI ;)

The GRE is only 5% of your score for AVC, so I wouldn't worry too much. I'm not sure what their average GRE score is, but I've been told their average grade is about an 85% so you should certainly get an interview at least!

Good luck! I'm an AVC hopeful for C/O 2014. The waiting is killing me, especially since all the American schools seem to have sent out interview invites, and in some cases, acceptances! :eek:

I already been on the AVC website and my 91 or 92 % average (dont remember exact number ) is calculated the way they perform it when the evaluate your courses. Anyway , just hope I'll have my chance . This is the only thing I want to do as a job...

Thanks for helping and please if anywhone has more details about admission criteria, or anything that could help me , please let me know

A+