ATSU-Arizona: Current Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GreenShirt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planing on attending ATSU-Mesa's new DO program next year. Since there are no current DO students to ask about the school, I was hoping some of you from the dental program wouldn't mind sharing your two cents about how you like the school/Arizona/etc. Are the students happy there? Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planing on attending ATSU-Mesa's new DO program next year. Since there are no current DO students to ask about the school, I was hoping some of you from the dental program wouldn't mind sharing your two cents about how you like the school/Arizona/etc. Are the students happy there? Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks!

Extremely happy. Wouldn't change anything if I had to do it over again. You'll be in the same boat I was, however, being the first class. You'll have some rough patches, just keep your eye on the prize and remember why you are doing what you're doing.

Do any of you dental students have suggestions on areas to live in? I'm going to be a DO student this year and I'm trying to get as much input on places to live in the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
Extremely happy. Wouldn't change anything if I had to do it over again. You'll be in the same boat I was, however, being the first class. You'll have some rough patches, just keep your eye on the prize and remember why you are doing what you're doing.

What kind of rough patches did you guys experience. Profs not knowing what to teach? Clinicals or other not being arranged at the right time? etc.?

Do any of you dental students have suggestions on areas to live in? I'm going to be a DO student this year and I'm trying to get as much input on places to live in the area.

Most students will live in Gilbert (the school is on Baseline, which is the border between Mesa/Gilber). Some will live in Tempe or Chandler, and some will go further south and live in the Queen Creek area.

In my experience, 90% of the dental students live south of the campus (which also means south of the 60 freeway). That's where housing is the cheapest, although housing is also cheaper if you go further east from the school.

Are you married or will you be looking for roomates?

Most students will live in Gilbert (the school is on Baseline, which is the border between Mesa/Gilber). Some will live in Tempe or Chandler, and some will go further south and live in the Queen Creek area.

In my experience, 90% of the dental students live south of the campus (which also means south of the 60 freeway). That's where housing is the cheapest, although housing is also cheaper if you go further east from the school.

Are you married or will you be looking for roomates?
I'll be looking for roomates. I take it that avoiding 60 is probably a good thing?

Originally Posted by ItsGavinC

What kind of rough patches did you guys experience. Profs not knowing what to teach? Clinicals or other not being arranged at the right time? etc.?

I would like to know what this means as well. I keep hearing, rough patches, bumps in the road, etc.... what DOES that mean?:confused: :confused:

I'll be looking for roomates. I take it that avoiding 60 is probably a good thing?

No, the areas around the 60 are fine, but the houses are newer the further south you travel from the 60. Being near the 60 is nice because the school is right off the 60, and you'll use the 60 to get around the valley.

Originally Posted by ItsGavinC

I would like to know what this means as well. I keep hearing, rough patches, bumps in the road, etc.... what DOES that mean?:confused: :confused:

ANYONE????