ATSU-KCOM vs TOURO vs TCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dink_N_Flicka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
You can disregard price in your considerations, I am just looking into merits of the programs. I'd also love to know where you all would rank UIWSOM & ARCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
care to expand as to why you'd choose there?

It's a state school with more resources, great rotations, the ACGME programs in Texas give TCOM students lots of consideration, they have a really good curriculum, and the price can't even be touched.

The state schools simply have more resources than the other DO schools outside of PCOM.

It's a state school with more resources, great rotations, the ACGME programs in Texas give TCOM students lots of consideration, they have a really good curriculum, and the price can't even be touched.

The state schools simply have more resources than the other DO schools outside of PCOM.

Apart from GME though, TCOM >> PCOM for all your reasons stated above

Somewhere about four lines down TUN and then AT Still imo

How is TUN considered a top 2 school??

ATSU-SOMA is legit for sure but I'm not convinced it's superior to TCOM or even UNECOM; these were the only 3 schools to get "exceptional outcome" status during recent evaluations by COCA. I'd say they're all within the same tier with OSUCOM and OUHCOM, with maybe MSUCOM as the clear leader.

Reactions: 1 user
How is TUN considered a top 2 school??

ATSU-SOMA is legit for sure but I'm not convinced it's superior to TCOM or even UNECOM; these were the only 3 schools to get "exceptional outcome" status during recent evaluations by COCA. I'd say they're all within the same tier with OSUCOM and OUHCOM, with maybe MSUCOM as the clear leader.
LOL I don't think he meant that TUN is a top 2 school. We're only comparing 3 schools here, and he said about 4 lines down meaning TCOM >>>>>>...(1 line×4)...>>>>>TUN>KCOM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
LOL I don't think he meant that TUN is a top 2 school. We're only comparing 3 schools here, and he said about 4 lines down meaning TCOM >>>>>>...(1 line×4)...>>>>>TUN>KCOM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Dr. Strange understands my weird.

TCOM has an awesome curriculum, doesn’t push OMT/ OMM hard, has Texas on its side, and doesn’t slam primary care down your throat.

TUN is decent and in a decent area. Doesn’t have mandatory attendance.

AT Still is a great school but let’s not pretend it’s not in a rural area pushing primary med and loving the DO coolaide. I will say again that AT Still is a fantastic school but has cons to some applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
Dr. Strange understands my weird.

TCOM has an awesome curriculum, doesn’t push OMT/ OMM hard, has Texas on its side, and doesn’t slam primary care down your throat.

TUN is decent and in a decent area. Doesn’t have mandatory attendance.

AT Still is a great school but let’s not pretend it’s not in a rural area pushing primary med and loving the DO coolaide. I will say again that AT Still is a fantastic school but has cons to some applicants.

TCOM's great but they really do put a huge emphasis on family med and primary care. I think the only school that doesn't do so is RVU