ATSU-SOMA, LECOM (DSP Pathway) or LMU-DCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which school?

• Total voters

coldbrew1129

Reaction score
Hey all! I am fortunate enough to have been accepted to these three programs thus far in the cycle and I am trying to make a pros/cons list for each. I would love to hear your feedback concerning each school. Anything would be appreciated. Just a heads up--I am applying to the HPSP through the Navy and if I get this (should know winter/spring) then tuition will not be as much of a deciding factor. Thank you <333

Edit: I posted this on the "Help me choose X vs. Y school thread" but for the 2021-2022 cycle accidentally...so if you see it there please ignore!

Members don't see this ad.

I would beware of Dsp pathways. Unless you are an elite student, it might be a big adjustment to do on your own. If you don't adjust quickly, your grades might falter and have trouble matching a residency. You have no idea of what is coming with respect to the volume of material you must absorb on your own. Board scores, step 2 mostly are more important each gear.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would beware of Dsp pathways. Unless you are an elite student, it might be a big adjustment to do on your own. If you don't adjust quickly, your grades might falter and have trouble matching a residency. You have no idea of what is coming with respect to the volume of material you must absorb on your own. Board scores, step 2 mostly are more important each gear.
From my understanding, you are given objectives and have to fulfill said learning objectives by utilizing the textbook and filling in the information then use the information found to prep for each quiz/test? This means there are no lectures or PPs provided by the professor which outline the information, you are essentially filling in the blanks and picking out the most important things to focus on. Also, lectures are not provided and thus attendance is not applicable and everything is done on your own time.....anything I am missing here?

From my understanding, you are given objectives and have to fulfill said learning objectives by utilizing the textbook and filling in the information then use the information found to prep for each quiz/test? This means there are no lectures or PPs provided by the professor which outline the information, you are essentially filling in the blanks and picking out the most important things to focus on. Also, lectures are not provided and thus attendance is not applicable and everything is done on your own time.....anything I am missing here?
Apologies, I didn't mean you didn't understand how the curriculum works. I meant you can't understand the volume of material.
What you are missing is how well these student do on boards and match. I would definitely inquire.

Apologies, I didn't mean you didn't understand how the curriculum works. I meant you can't understand the volume of material.
What you are missing is how well these student do on boards and match. I would definitely inquire.
Great idea! Thank you.