Quantcast

ATSU-SOMA Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
For those familiar with the 1+3 curriculum at ATSU-SOMA, care to share your study methods? A previous student told me that for second year "All of the lectures during second year will be taught by faculty, but uploaded as videos with corresponding powerpoints online"

Seems like a lot of self-learning to me and intense discipline required. Any previous students care to share study schedules or tips on how to plan out the day?

SLC

A Punk Rock Country Doc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those familiar with the 1+3 curriculum at ATSU-SOMA, care to share your study methods? A previous student told me that for second year "All of the lectures during second year will be taught by faculty, but uploaded as videos with corresponding powerpoints online"

Seems like a lot of self-learning to me and intense discipline required. Any previous students care to share study schedules or tips on how to plan out the day?

By the end of 1st year you likely won't be attending lecture anyway, all 1st year lectures are also downloadable so most folks did that and watched from home.

Second year is more of the same, in a different location. You'll have Monday and Friday half-day sessions with your CHC, then one day a week for OMM/Med-Skills, and another half day or so for clinical time.

It's a pretty sweet gig actually.

Reactions: 3 users

QueenJames

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

SLC

A Punk Rock Country Doc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SLC, would you say that you spent more time with actual schoolwork and learning in your first year compared to your second? Seems like you have a lot more time that isn't allocated to OMM and other stuff in second year which is a good thing when it comes to board prep?

Absolutely. By the end of 1st year you'll have a system down, 2nd year will be more efficient.

Last edited: