Attempting a retake for the same cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

maestrohuang

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a reasonable MCAT score, however, I have planned an MCAT for early September to ensure that I am competitive. I have been in contact with one admissions adviser and they have also suggested this, but not all of the other schools that I have applied to will know that I am planning a retake. How do I go about letting them know before they decide to prescreen/review my application and see the first score?
 
ahhh the wise sn2ed. I wish I had the time to follow your wonderful schedule, but 27. I am awful at verbal and I would just like to gain a couple points, even 1 more point to make sure I am competitive. I applied to osteopathic schools as well, but my score does not guarantee me a spot there either. Do I have to contact each school individually?
 
Because I have read that some schools may take the best of the two recent mcats and this will be my second, but it is a september exam, the latest that will be used for this cycle.