Attending class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeloc

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of people say that they don't attend classes because their schools have a note-service in which they can get the lectures verbatim. And it makes a lot of sense because why spend 8 hrs a day in class when you can study during that time and have lots of free time. My question is, where can I get these transcripts? My school doesn't have such a service, but I'm assuming the material is similar enough from school to school that I could get by on others. How are these usually distributed?

Members don't see this ad.

Ours are up on a site on the med school's web space, so they're just exclusive to us.

We have our own website for transcript access too. Gotta be a class member to get your hands on anything, especially since we've all paid and contributed to the system.

Maybe you can get a friend at another school with a similar curriculum schedule to share with you?

Members don't see this ad :)
zeloc said:
I'm assuming the material is similar enough from school to school that I could get by on others. How are these usually distributed?
I think that's bad assumption and you will waste more time trying to correlate another school's curriculum to yours than if you just went to class.

alot of students in my school use net transport to download the online video lectures which allow you to watch a regular lecture at double speed so a hour long lecture lasts only 30 minutes, its a life saver

I do not attend class and do pretty well, but I would not do this if I were using notes from another school. If you are hell bent to miss class the best thing to do is use the brs for the class.

AntGod22 said:
alot of students in my school use net transport to download the online video lectures which allow you to watch a regular lecture at double speed so a hour long lecture lasts only 30 minutes, its a life saver

Do they sound like chipmunks? I don't think I could study if the professor sounded like Alvin.

We had an electronic scribe service too, exclusive to people who paid for it. I agree with the others, don't try to screw around with other schools notes. i didn't attend much class beginning second year, and studied from the texts/syllabi..although i was in the scribe service, i rarely read these because i had so much other reading to do....just my 0.02. good luck.

DrOctopus said:
Do they sound like chipmunks? I don't think I could study if the professor sounded like Alvin.

not really some professors do but you have the option of slowing it down by 1/10 the speed, so sometimes u have to slow it down to 1.6x the original speed instead of say a 1.9x or a 2.0x. Its the best thing since sliced bread.