zeloc

15+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
I've heard a lot of people say that they don't attend classes because their schools have a note-service in which they can get the lectures verbatim. And it makes a lot of sense because why spend 8 hrs a day in class when you can study during that time and have lots of free time. My question is, where can I get these transcripts? My school doesn't have such a service, but I'm assuming the material is similar enough from school to school that I could get by on others. How are these usually distributed?

DrPharaohX

Free...your...mind...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2003
Stress, rock, and a hard place
Status
Ours are up on a site on the med school's web space, so they're just exclusive to us.

Sharkfan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2004
Southeast USA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
We have our own website for transcript access too. Gotta be a class member to get your hands on anything, especially since we've all paid and contributed to the system.

Maybe you can get a friend at another school with a similar curriculum schedule to share with you?

thackl

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
Status
zeloc said:
I'm assuming the material is similar enough from school to school that I could get by on others. How are these usually distributed?
I think that's bad assumption and you will waste more time trying to correlate another school's curriculum to yours than if you just went to class.

AntGod22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2001
NJ
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
alot of students in my school use net transport to download the online video lectures which allow you to watch a regular lecture at double speed so a hour long lecture lasts only 30 minutes, its a life saver

Dr. Rosenrose

HELP
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Dirty South
Status
I do not attend class and do pretty well, but I would not do this if I were using notes from another school. If you are hell bent to miss class the best thing to do is use the brs for the class.

DrOctopus

Criminal Mastermind
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2004
New Jersey
Status
AntGod22 said:
alot of students in my school use net transport to download the online video lectures which allow you to watch a regular lecture at double speed so a hour long lecture lasts only 30 minutes, its a life saver

Do they sound like chipmunks? I don't think I could study if the professor sounded like Alvin.

klubguts

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
the big D
Status
We had an electronic scribe service too, exclusive to people who paid for it. I agree with the others, don't try to screw around with other schools notes. i didn't attend much class beginning second year, and studied from the texts/syllabi..although i was in the scribe service, i rarely read these because i had so much other reading to do....just my 0.02. good luck.

AntGod22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2001
NJ
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
DrOctopus said:
Do they sound like chipmunks? I don't think I could study if the professor sounded like Alvin.

not really some professors do but you have the option of slowing it down by 1/10 the speed, so sometimes u have to slow it down to 1.6x the original speed instead of say a 1.9x or a 2.0x. Its the best thing since sliced bread.