Attending lectures from vet

Started by FeenyFee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FeenyFee

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi SDN peeps! 🙂

I have been attending various presentations by vets.. would this go anywhere on the VMCAS or is it something I should just mention in my personal statement?

Thanks!
 
Were these presentations at an actual conference? In which case I would list attending that conference on your CV. If it was just random lectures here and there, I doubt it counts for anything. Maybe mention it in your statement if you really want to.
 
Were these presentations at an actual conference? In which case I would list attending that conference on your CV. If it was just random lectures here and there, I doubt it counts for anything. Maybe mention it in your statement if you really want to.
No they weren't they were from a volunteer vet at a sanctuary I volunteer at. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No they weren't they were from a volunteer vet at a sanctuary I volunteer at. Thank you!
Just put it in your job description as a bullet/sentence. E.g.

*provided basic husbandry for native wildlife
*assisted in medical treatments for injured animals (e.g. Oral and subcutaneous meds, physical rehab on raptors under anesthesia,...)
*participated in monthly lectures on topics presented by wildlife veterinarian.
 
Just put it in your job description as a bullet/sentence. E.g.

*provided basic husbandry for native wildlife
*assisted in medical treatments for injured animals (e.g. Oral and subcutaneous meds, physical rehab on raptors under anesthesia,...)
*participated in monthly lectures on topics presented by wildlife veterinarian.

Awesome idea. Thank you.

Btw Minnerbelle did you watch OUAT this past week? 🙂
 
The avatar is from Once Upon a Time (OUAT) which I'm guessing is still there from WW a few years back. :laugh:
This. Lol I didn't know this person had a name. I should go back to my native wildlife baby avatars from years ago.

I do watch the abc tgit thurs lineup (my day off), downton abbey, svu, dance moms, and John Oliver. But that is the extent of all things media related other than 1-2 movies per year.
 
This. Lol I didn't know this person had a name. I should go back to my native wildlife baby avatars from years ago.

I do watch the abc tgit thurs lineup (my day off), downton abbey, svu, dance moms, and John Oliver. But that is the extent of all things media related other than 1-2 movies per year.

dance moms is my guilty pleasure. oh so guilty. lol

i've tried getting into downton abbey because I just love the vibe and the music but it just doesn't grab me for some reason 🙁