Attending Mayo Clinic Salaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrFlyGuy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the range of starting salaries right out of fellowship (child) for Mayo Clinic?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably lower than most Big Box shops.
Mayo loses people to CCF often.
And like other academic institutions, you get the privilege of working for "Mother Mayo." That is it's own reward.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
when I was a med student 7 years ago, one of the attendings I worked with at mayo minnesota said she earned around 300. my impression is they got paid decently well for psych at the time.

I think you have to wear a suit every day at Mayo so then all your money is gone in wardrobe 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I think you have to wear a suit every day at Mayo so then all your money is gone in wardrobe 😔
I wear a suit most days (not always over the summer and not on casual Friday). They don't have to be that expensive, I got 2 $300 Ted Baker suits at Sak's off 5th my first year as an attending and got about 200 uses out of each over 5 years. $1.50/day is a lot less than most people spend even on much cheaper clothes. Even if you add in the dry cleaning costs it was maybe $2.50/day which is very doable on an attending salary. Recently snagged a deal on a Hugo Boss suit for $340 that looks great, weill see how many uses I get but expecting a similar amount.

I wear a suit most days (not always over the summer and not on casual Friday). They don't have to be that expensive, I got 2 $300 Ted Baker suits at Sak's off 5th my first year as an attending and got about 200 uses out of each over 5 years. $1.50/day is a lot less than most people spend even on much cheaper clothes. Even if you add in the dry cleaning costs it was maybe $2.50/day which is very doable on an attending salary. Recently snagged a deal on a Hugo Boss suit for $340 that looks great, weill see how many uses I get but expecting a similar amount.
It was a joke.

Reactions: 1 user
The problem with suits, once you go from an off the shelf one that 'fits.'
To actually getting one with even some limited tailoring in it.... can't go back.

No clue but if you live in Rochester, MN you probably don't need to make much to live extremely comfortably. Salaries there are likely above median home prices. Good luck buying a home under 4x (or even 10x) your salary in Boston if you work at any of the academic institutions there.

Ugh, I forgot about the suits. As if the winters weren't enough...